Outstanding Secondary Teacher: Art required for Aug/ Sep start at the Qatar International School.
- Start date: August/September 2021.
- Contract: Full-time, permanent, fully sponsored.
- Salary: Highly competitive tax-free package including excellent salary (based on experience), free private accommodation, free return flights home each year, generous paid annual leave, free school places for children, comprehensive private medical insurance, unlimited sunshine and much more!
Please call Penny Kontopyrghou Senior Business Director 07595 968 600 to discuss your application- email firstname.lastname@example.org
Penny has visited the school and met with the leadership team on many occasions and placed many teachers here over the years.
Our happy, supportive and tremendously successful secondary team was recently certified one of the best schools in the world by British Schools Overseas (BSO).
We are now looking for an outstanding teacher in Art to join us for the start of the 2021 academic year.
If you are a UK-qualified teacher with experience of delivering the national curriculum of England – and you have a creative, positive, and professional attitude – we would love to hear from you.
As part of the secondary team, you will be responsible for planning and delivering the best quality lessons to engage and challenge your students. You will have high standards and expectations in every element of your work.
To be considered for a vacancy, you should:
- Hold relevant qualifications, including a good bachelor’s degree from a UK university, plus a PGCE.
- Have experience of teaching your subject at Key Stages 3 and 4 (Key Stage 5 desirable).
- Have the ability to teach Design Technology at Key Stage 3 (desirable).
- Have extensive experience working in a similar school environment and raising outcomes for students of all academic levels.
- Be keen to develop your career, supported by our world-class professional development opportunities.
- Genuinely love what you do – showing enthusiasm, creativity, and energy.
- Be a real team player, always prepared to go the extra mile, spread positivity and support your colleagues as we reach our goal: to become the best International School in the world.
We can also consider applications from outstanding newly qualified teachers (NQTs), whom we can support through to award of Qualified Teacher Status.
QIS is one of the best international schools both in the nation of Qatar and in the wider Middle East region – we are one of only three schools in the world to hold BSO’s ‘Gold Standard’.
Our 2020 BSO report wrote:
‘The school is highly effective in enabling all students to develop their personal skills and qualities. Students are thoughtful, well behaved, treat others with respect and have well developed social skills.’
‘The school is held in high regard by the wider community and parents. Students are proud to be members of the school and value the opportunities it provides.’
‘Positive relationships between staff and students create a learning environment where students feel safe and valued. Students are engaged and interested in their learning.’
We follow the latest National Curriculum for England, and all our non-Arabic teachers have either taught or been trained under the UK system. We have about 2,000 students ranging from 3 to 18 years of age.
We provide an outstanding education to all our students, who regularly achieve some of the best results in the world.
Application and interview
Send us your CV and a brief covering letter to QIS.email@example.com
Initial interviews will be conducted online and successful candidates will be fully supported all the way through to their joining day (and beyond!).
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of excellent applications we receive, we are unable to notify those who have not been shortlisted.
A list of at least three referees - the list should include their names, positions, current email addresses and phone number. One of your referees must be from your present school or employer
Do not apply directly to the school.
Please call Penny Kontopyrghou Senior Business Director 07595 968 600 if you have any questions
Qatar International School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
Qatar International School is an English-speaking private day school located in Doha, the capital city of the State of Qatar. The school follows the latestNational Curriculum of England and Wales for students ranging between 3 and 18 years of age.