In partnership with Dulwich College and its eight sister schools in Asia, Dulwich College Yangon (DCY) upholds the traditions and outstanding educational standards which have become the hallmark of the Dulwich name in the UK and Asia.
The College operates across the Star City and the Pun Hlaing campuses and is currently seeking a P.E. teacher to work at the Pun Hlaing campus. Applications from candidates with a background in team-based sports and girls P.E. are particularly welcome to apply.
The College is looking for highly resourceful, collegially minded and forward-thinking practitioners who can demonstrate that they are:
• passionate about delivering a P.E. curriculum in a high-performing learning environment
• experienced in teaching P.E., preferably throughout the primary-secondary age range
• successful in organizing sports competitions and accompanying overseas trips
• able to demonstrate an outstanding commitment to co-curricular sport after school and at weekends
• supportive of a child-centered approach to learning and able to nurture high levels of student agency
• actively aware of the latest developments in P.E. teaching and pedagogy
• experienced in adapting learning to ensure it is inclusive and accessible for all, especially EAL students
• genuinely interested in making a positive and proactive contribution to a young, maturing school
• eager to engage with the local community and help contribute to the development of the country outside of the school.
At least 2 years teaching experience is required, regardless of nationality. All applicants should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education, or a first degree plus a post-graduate qualification in education (i.e. PGCE).
In return the successful candidates will be working in outstanding, purpose built facilities equipped with quality resources, set within Yangon’s award-winning Star City and Pun Hlaing residential complexes.
Teachers will receive an attractive salary and competitive overseas benefits package, which includes:
• annual flight allowance
• freight allowance
• comprehensive global medical insurance
• free tuition for up to two children at the school (Toddler to Y11 age)
• enhanced levels of professional development across the Dulwich College International family of schools.
To apply for this position please click on the 'apply on school website' button.
The closing date for the post is 17th November 2019.
Your application should include a brief covering letter, a CV and a statement of your educational philosophy.
Interviews will take place online, via skype, or in Yangon from Monday 18th November onwards.
For further information, please see our websites at www.dulwich.org and Yangon.dulwich.org
Dulwich College International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks and successful references.