We are looking to appoint an experienced Personal Assistant to support the quadrant Assistant Director and Head of Academy. You will be responsible for managing a number of day to day activities within the Acadmey, and liaising with our Academy Senior Leadership Team, student support services, relevant non-teaching support staff, parents and Governors on a wide range of matters. In selecting a PA to join our team, we are looking for someone with outstanding organisation and time management skills and excellent levels of communication gained whilst working in a school, or similar, environment. We are interested to hear from individuals who have ability to help build the commitment of a wide range of stake-holders and can help maintain a culture of constant excellence that will put learning first.
The post is 45 weeks per year, 37.5 hours. Working 8am – 3:30pm (4 days) and 8am – 6pm (1 day) Extra hours would be absorbed into the rest of the year)
What we are looking for
- You should have the ability to help build the commitment of all stakeholders to a culture of constant excellence that will put learning first. You will also need:
- To present the professional and welcoming face of the Academy to all visitors, staff and students, including telephone callers.
- To ensure that the Assistant Director and Head of Academy’s diaries are kept up-to-date and that all appointments are accurately noted.
- To manage the academy’s website, ensuring compliance, relevance and current.
- To attend and take minutes in SLT and Quad meetings when required.
- To maintain an exemplary professional environment at all times.
- To ensure that all visitors for both the Assistant Director and Head of Academy are welcomed and catered for in a professional manner, organising refreshments as appropriate.
- Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Garrard Academy
Harris Garrard Academy is an all-through 3–18 academy with approximately 1350 pupils on roll and joined the Harris Federation as a sponsored academy in September 2017. The academy is based in Thamesmead in a purpose built building. We are now on a journey towards “Outstanding”, led by highly experienced executive principals with proven track records of school transformation. Our vision is clear: nothing is impossible and everything is possible, irrespective of personal characteristics or background. Every problem has a solution. We believe we are more robust, resilient and determined as a team than as a group of individuals. We support, challenge and hold each other to account at all levels within the academy to ensure that our students achieve their potential, are motivated, engaged and fully prepared for life beyond our academy.
Why work at Harris Garrard Academy?
- The opportunity to be involved in the transformation of a school from the very start
- A stunning working environment, in a purpose-built school designed by Norman Foster and nominated for the Stirling Prize for architecture in 2004
- A highly motivated team, led by exceptionally experienced and talented senior leaders
- All the advantages of a successful academy group, with a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- The opportunity to develop and grow your career within the Federation.
- Performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (LGPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Bicycle Purchase and ICT loans
- Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
The Harris Federation
Harris Federation stands as the leading large Multi Academy Trust for both primary and secondary education in Greater London. Holding a reputation for bringing transformative approaches to education, we hold a unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers is paramount to what we do. Social mobility has always been a core mission of the Harris Federation, which is why we have continuously set out to transform standards in schools that had, in some cases, failed for generations before joining us. We are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education in order to nurture their individual potential. Join us in creating spaces of learning where children everywhere are nurtured for their potential and given the tools necessary to shape their own future.
We look for motivated support staff who are committed to helping us transform lives and who will share our belief that every child has the potential to do well.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.