Croydon High School is seeking a PA with substantial senior secretarial and administrative experience in a complex organisation to play a key role supporting the Headmistress.
You will provide the Headmistress with a comprehensive administrative and secretarial support service so that her role can be undertaken with maximum effectiveness. You will also have line management responsibilities. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Diary management
- Dealing with correspondence, including drafting letters and emails
- Welcoming visitors and answering incoming telephone calls, other messages and, if required, emails
- Preparing and processing documents, reports and presentation materials
- Planning and organising internal and external meetings/interviews and minute taking
- Maintaining records and databases
You will need first class organisational and administrative skills with the ability to relate well to people on all levels, be discrete and maintain a high work rate and to juggle a range of tasks and competing priorities.
If you have experience in a similar role within a complex organisation we would be delighted to hear from you.
About the School
Established in 1874, Croydon High School prides itself on its innovative approach and friendly atmosphere. We provide excellent facilities and IT resources and a friendly and supportive working environment. The School is located in Selsdon, south of Croydon on a beautiful campus.
As part of the Girls’ Day School Trust, the UK's leading network of independent girls' schools, we are able to offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- Interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
Further details and an application pack can be downloaded from our website by clicking the apply button.
The closing date for applications is noon, Monday 24 June 2019.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.