Framlingham College is a co-educational day and boarding school comprising of the Prep School in the beautiful surroundings of Brandeston Hall, and the Senior School which is set in the stunning surroundings in the market town of Framlingham.
We require an experienced Personal Assistant to fully support the Bursar, acting as first point of contact and managing calls and visits with consummate authority, diplomacy and warmth. The successful candidate will also work as part of the Finance Department carrying out a variety of tasks including processing invoices, purchase ledger, and assisting with fee queries. Previous experience of working in a Financial administrative role is essential.
The Bursar has a full and demanding diary and the successful applicant must be prepared to work under pressure to maintain an atmosphere of friendly, courteous and good-humoured efficiency.
The post entails high levels of confidentiality and public relations skills. You will have the ability to forge strong relationships at all levels, as you will also be required to work closely with all internal functions, the Senior Leadership Teams across both schools and act as a direct link and support to the Governors.
To provide a comprehensive administrative service ensuring discretion and support to the Bursar in carrying out his role as well as ensuring the efficient day to day running of the Bursar’s office. Work in a positive and pro-active way demonstrating a high level of initiative and competence across a broad range of office management activities, managing work of a confidential and complex nature with considerable tact and diplomacy. To also work as part of the Finance team, assisting with administrative tasks as required to support the efficient operation of the department.
1. Administration Support:
• Promptly, accurately and methodically deal with documentation that comes via the Bursar’s office.
• Control Bursar’s calendar including short and long-term planning to ensure that the Bursar is prepared for all meetings. Ensure strategic planning time is scheduled as well as the necessary meetings etc. Where appropriate, arrange travel and accommodation for conferences.
• Manage meeting cycles to include calling for agenda items, assembling relevant documents, preparing and disseminating agendas for Bursar-led meetings; accurate minute taking and prompt dissemination of minutes, coordination of logistics, venue, ICT and refreshment provision. Organising meetings as requested by Bursar.
• Ensure that visitors, internal and external, feel valued and that their needs are catered for. Ensure refreshments are organised for the Bursar, his visitors (within the school and externally) and meetings.
• Manage Companies House and Charity Commission paperwork and annual returns.
• Overseeing process for tracking and updating College wide policies and their publishing.
• Act as Health & Safety Committee Secretary.
• Administration of Bursary applications and renewals.
For the full job description, please download the recruitment pack.
This is a year-round role working 37.5 hour each week Monday to Friday, plus one in three Saturday morning’s during term time. The post attracts an annual salary of £22,405, based on an hourly rate of £11.49.
We offer a supportive working environment as well as free lunch each day the kitchen is operational. We also offer a number of other benefits including contributory pension scheme and complimentary gym membership.
Click 'Quick Apply' and once fully completed please submit your application, ensuring a covering letter is included the Supporting Statement section.
Closing date: Midday Monday 11th October
Framlingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
Framlingham College is a boarding and day school for boys and girls aged 3-18 which offers flexible and full boarding options.
This is a school that is interested in the development of the whole person as well as the examination candidate, and we enc...