We are looking for a professional who will support the Principal and Senior Leadership Group in developing a first class education for the young people at Harris Professional Skills Sixth Form.
In selecting a Personal Assistant to join our team, we will be looking for an outstanding person able to be a key player in developing the academy as we establish ourselves at the centre of the community. You should have the ability to help build the commitment of all stake-holders to a culture of constant excellence that will put learning first.
Harris Professional Skills Sixth Form is opening in September 2018 and will provide an outstanding vocational education and preparation for skills based work or transition to university for students in Croydon and those from surrounding boroughs. This new academy with up to date, state of the art facilities, will recruit students from across Croydon and the wider London area focusing on the hard skills that will be needed in an area undergoing considerable reconstruction and rejuvenation. By focusing from the outset on the goal of employability within a number of sectors, we have created a curriculum that challenges and inspires, creating well rounded students who have the drive and ambition to succeed in their chosen area of work with additional skill sets that put them above others competing for jobs in their chosen vocation. Complimenting this curriculum is an alternative provision named Harris Aspire within the building delivering full EBACC and other courses for students in Key stage 3 and 4.
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of three years' general administration experience, with good MS Word, Excel and Outlook skills.
- The ability to communicate with a wide range of people, both orally and using written communication.
- The ability to manage your own time effectively and prioritise work in a demanding environment.
- The ability to work effectively within a team.
- A professional who understands the need for discretion and confidentiality.
Why work at Harris Professional Skills Sixth Form?
- The opportunity to be part of a brand new academy for young people in Croydon and the surrounding areas
- State-of-the-art facilities for each course, with modern classrooms and learning suites
- Excellent prospects for personal and professional development as the Academy grows
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits.
For more information or to arrange a discussion with the Principal, please contact Lorraine Cater on L.Cater@harrisaspire.org.uk.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.