Term Time + 5 days (40 weeks per annum)
37 hours per week
To provide strategic and general administrative support to the Principal and Vice Principals, and assist the HR Manager on specific human resources tasks (provided permission from the Principal is sought and workload allows).
1. Provide high quality assistance to the Principal, communicating with a wide range of individuals and agencies, managing meetings, coordinating the diary, and drafting key strategic documents.
2. Support the HR Manager in the recruitment process during peak periods.
3. Undertake additional responsibilities as required to support the SLT.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
Main duties and responsibilities are indicated here. Other duties at an appropriate level and nature may also be required and will be negotiated.
1. Providing personal assistance to the Principal
• Managing and directing communications with the Principal including:
o Dealing with correspondence including distribution and drafting responses.
o Responding appropriately to phone calls, emails and personal enquiries.
o Updating enquirers on matters being dealt with by the Principal.
o Produce letters and compile reports for the Principal, and produce other documents and returns as required.
o Liaise with individuals and agencies over confidential matters relating to students, parents and staff.
• Set-up, organise and maintain the Principal’s electronic diary including:
o Planning and communicating diary commitments on a weekly basis.
o Coordinating arrangements for meetings, including refreshments and minute-taking where appropriate.
o Organising travel arrangements for the Principal.
• Set agendas and take minutes at Senior Leadership meetings.
• Take minutes at staff briefing sessions and Middle Leader meetings when required.
• Support the Principal in preparing and maintaining the current and new year plans.
• Support the Principal in coordinating admissions.
• Support the Principal in the management of exclusions, including:
o Drafting and filing exclusion letters and exclusion record forms.
o Keeping an accurate and up-to-date record of all exclusions.
o Organising and preparing documents for reintegration meetings for parents/carers, students and senior members of staff.
o Informing the Chair of Governors and Local Authority of exclusions as and when they occur.
o Collating evidence packs.
o Providing appropriate correspondence with all parties involved.
• Liaising with the Chairs of governors’ sub-committees in preparation of agendas and circulation of papers.
• Arranging and clerking governors’ sub-committee meetings.
• Assisting the HR Manager with the recruitment process, including:
o Overseeing the provision of application forms and additional information.
o Arranging and coordinating shortlisting and interview processes.
o Working closely with the HR Manager on specific HR issues.
o Maintaining confidentiality at all times.
• Assist with administrative processes associated with advertising, selection and appointment of staff as required.
• Manage the Applications mailbox and electronic application process for applicants by maintaining an up-to-date electronic filing system and dealing with enquiries from applicants.
• Maintain checklists and obtain outstanding documentation required in relation to pre-employment matters.
• Assist the HR Manager in ensuring pre-employment documents are prepared, checked and dispatched, and returned documents are checked and processed.
• Assist in the update and maintenance of the Single Central Register.
4. Additional Responsibilities
• Duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the position or the level of the responsibility entailed.