PARENT SUPPORT ADVISOR
PONDHU SCHOOL (REF: PON013)
37 hours a week-term time + 2 days-actual starting salary £16,225
Cornwall Education Learning Trust (CELT) is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated and committed Parent Support Advisor to work at Pondhu School.
The role of the Parent Support Advisor (PSA) is to address underachievement by supporting parents and carers with the range of difficulties that they may be experiencing by working in partnership with parents, carers and pupils in a school context to enable pupils (particularly the most disadvantaged) to have full access to educational opportunities, and overcome barriers to learning and participation. The successful candidate will support and provide a complementary service to the SENDCo/Designated Safeguarding Lead, teachers and support staff in the school.
Job responsibilities will include;
• Taking a lead role within the safeguarding team (completing referrals, preparing for multi-agency meetings and attending child in need / child protection meetings, providing reports to social workers)
• Monitoring children’s behaviour and supporting where required. (working with children, staff and families)
• Provide preventative support, advice and guidance to support parents and carers so they are empowered to address any difficulties, as far as possible, from their own resources.
• Provide information about local services to parents and carers
• Promote effective parenting through 1:1 work as appropriate to the needs of the parent/carer
• Lead and monitor programmes and targeted interventions to support young carers’ emotional and social well-being.
• Supporting with First Aid (writing health care plans for children with specific health needs)
• Being able to communicate effectively with pupils and parents.
Application forms and full details are available to download from https://celtrust.org and https://www.tes.com or, alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications by CV, letter or social media alone will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: Monday 6th December 9.00 am
Interviews to be held: Monday 13th December
Cornwall Education Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check and, where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013 and 2020). This means that certain convictions and cautions are considered ‘protected’ and do not need to be disclosed to employers and, if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Guidance about whether a conviction or caution should be disclosed can be found on the Ministry of Justice website: