We are seeking a dynamic and highly motivated German teacher (with either French or Spanish) to join our innovative department. The successful candidate will teach across the year groups in Senior School. A willingness to participate in extra-curricular activities, including trips abroad within the MFL framework or beyond is desirable. The role is approx. 0.6FTE however exact hours will be confirmed at interview.
The Department achieves excellent examination results and from September will comprise of one full time HOD, one full time and two part time members of staff. The MFL Department team work together to share outstanding practice and resources, and to develop the curriculum and schemes of work, particularly in light of recent changes to examinations. Valuing our pupils is a top priority and we offer a variety of opportunities and responses in order to tailor our teaching to the individual.
· Year 7 experience an introduction to three languages in carousel format; French, German and Spanish
· Year 8 pupils select two of these languages and continue with at least one language into Year 9.
· All pupils are expected to study one language at GCSE but we offer the opportunity to study two if desired.
· At present we offer all three languages (French, German and Spanish) to A Level dependent on choices.
· The successful candidate will teach a part time timetable. Involvement in departmental planning and supporting extra-curricular activities is expected.
KEY QUALITIES AND PERSON SPECIFICATION:-
The person appointed should demonstrate the following skills and qualities:-
· Have outstanding professional and personal qualities
· Be enthusiastic, innovative and willing to share creativity and positivity in both the classroom and the department
· Be committed to raising standards and monitoring pupil progress
· Be caring, supportive and willing to adapt their teaching to suit the needs of the pupils
· Be proficient with the use of ICT in the classroom
· Be willing to assist with school trips in the UK and abroad
Please see full job description for more information.