Isaac Newton Academy, Redbridge
Interim Principal: Jo Spencer
Brand-new all-through mixed 4-18 comprehensive in Redbridge.
In September 2012 Isaac Newton Academy opened with its inaugural cohort of 180 year 7 students. In 2014 the primary phase opened with 90 pupils per year group. The school will grow, year on year, to become a 4-18 academy of nearly 2000 students.
We are looking to appoint an exceptional Assistant Librarian to work in the Primary, Secondary and Sixth Form Libraries from January 2019.
The successful candidate will:
- have experience of working with and motivating young people to engage with reading
- have an excellent knowledge of adult and children’s literature and ideally have worked in a school library/learning resource center
- be approachable, highly organised and flexible, with excellent communication and ICT
- have a strong belief in the transnational power of literature and reading
- have the resilience and motivation to seek to continually improve systems and standards
- possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of Ilford residents.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- play a key role in the evolution of Isaac Newton Academy
- work with the Head of Reading and Librarian to implement the Academy’s Reading Policy and support students in developing a lifelong love of reading
- join the ARK Schools network, with comprehensive career and professional development provision
If you are seeking a challenging and highly rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend Isaac Newton Academy and members of the local community, then we are keen to hear from you.
If you have any technical issues with the application form, please contact our recruitment team on 0203 116 6345 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For a candidate information pack or an informal, confidential discussion please contact our HR Office, on 020 8911 6666 or email email@example.com.
For more information please visit: http://isaacnewtonacademy.org/vacancies
Location: Ilford, Redbridge
Start date: As soon as possible
Hours: 2days a week, 39 weeks per year (annualised hours contract)
Salary: Band 3 ( £20,237 - £ £21,190 )
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our academies. In order to meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process. This process is outlined here, but can be provided in more detail if requested. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks