North London Hospital School (CAMHS)
Hours: 22.5 hours per week (3 days)
At Priory Education we are proud of our reputation for delivering quality education and care services with positive outcomes for children and young people aged 5 to 25 who have experienced difficulties in their previous education placements.
North London Hospital School is an independent co-educational day school for young people aged 11 to 17. Our students are all inpatients of the Tier 4 CAMHS Unit at The Priory Hospital North London, Southgate, London. We have a small team of specialist teachers and teaching assistants who deliver education to all young people at the hospital where the school is based.
It is our intention that every student develops their courage, determination and skills as a learner, so they can re-engage confidently with their education on discharge. We liaise with mainstream schools and colleges and each young person has an individualised curriculum plan in each subject area, with progress being closely monitored. Our school offers a broad based academic and enrichment curriculum, with its own teaching space, teaching technologies and outside space.
- We would like to recruit an individual who shares our vision of student-centred learning, framed within an exciting and flexible curriculum.
- We are a collaborative and supportive team and aim to recruit a like- minded individual who would enjoy the opportunity to deliver subjects at Key stages 3, 4 and possibly 5.
- We set high standards for teaching and learning and our students have very good levels of attendance and engagement.
- You will need to be an outstanding practitioner, committed to the best possible outcomes for young people, passionate about influencing educational best practice and able to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team of professionals.
- Also a flexible, enthusiastic and self-motivated teacher who is able to support forward thinking change and respond quickly to the needs of each young person we teach.
- The successful candidate will take responsibility for the English curriculum as well as the pastoral care of a small tutor group supported by the Head of School. Candidates with specialisms other than English will be considered.
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates from mainstream or specialist education or community provision who are looking to move into a hospital specialist setting.
If you have relevant experience, possibly with relevant additional qualifications, then why not contact the Head of School Sarah Blanchard for an informal chat on 02088828191, Ext 7123/7165.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references may be requested prior to interview for roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.
North London Hospital School
- Special needs with independent funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
The North London Hospital School is an independent day school serving the adolescent in-patient CAMHS ward at Priory Hospital North London. All young people admitted to the adolescent ward are automatically admitted to our school.
There are a total o...