Harris Primary Academy Kent House opened in September 2013 on the site of the former Royston Primary School in Penge. It is a very exciting time to be joining our flourishing team. At Harris Primary Academy Kent House we have the highest possible aspirations for our staff and pupils. We expect all our children to make very good progress and develop the skills and personal qualities they will need for the future. We believe that when children are as young as they are in Primary School, happiness is key to success.
We are looking for an inspirational Part-Time Class teacher. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an "outstanding" academy and a talented team who can provide close support and mentoring. TLRs are available for possible subject leadership, which will be discussed at interview.
What we are looking for:
Harris Primary Academy Kent House is seeking to appoint inspirational and talented staff. At HPAKH we have high expectations where outstanding teaching and the well-being of all pupils and staff are at the heart of our improvement planning, our pedagogy and practice.
We welcome applications from experienced practitioners or NQTs who will:
- Model and disseminate high quality teaching pedagogy and practice to secure consistently good or outstanding teaching and learning for our children;
- Be committed to on-going professional development;
- Contribute to the wider life at the academy;
- Maintain a dynamic and inspiring learning environment
- Be innovative, highly motivated and eager to take a lead
- Have good interpersonal skills and are able to work well as part of our team
Please download the candidate information pack for more information on the role and responsibilities.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Kent House?
At Harris Primary Academy Kent House you would be working as part of a supportive team. In addition to the benefits outlined, we offer excellent professional development opportunities provided by Harris Federation. We would also offer:
- An ambitious, successful and vibrant place to work;
- A genuine opportunity to make a difference;
- Enthusiastic staff, committed to raising standards;
- Children who are bright, confident and eager to learn;
- A vibrant multi-lingual and multi-cultural school community;
- A supportive working culture that focuses on positive learning behaviour and high expectations for all children;
- A senior leadership team that is highly committed to developing others.
For NQTs, we provide our highly successful Harris Federation NQT programme where you will train alongside other NQTs from across the Federation. This enables aspiring teachers to support and learn from each other, in the true collaborative spirit of Harris. There is a structure of support and challenge with customised professional learning, and every NQT has a professional mentor.
Visits are strongly encouraged and very welcome.
If you would like to discuss the role further, please call Katie Day, Head of Academy at HPAKH on 0208 402 7178. During that phone call you will be able to get more detail about the specifics of the role and arrange a visit, if you would like one.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.