Merstham Primary School is situated in the village of Merstham and at the centre of a close and vibrant community. We are a ‘good school’ pupils are friendly, welcoming, well behaved and very keen to learn.
The school is within easy travelling distance from West Sussex, Surrey and London. Staff and families value the school’s sense of community and its commitment to educational inclusion.
We have an opportunity in a Year 5 class for 2 days a week and a Year 1 class for 1 day a week. Therefor this may be suitable for someone that is looking to teach for either 1, 2 or 3 days per week. Please state in your supporting statement what your preference is.
We can offer you:
- The support of GLF schools and the opportunity to be part of an inspirational, growing and dynamic organisation
- Exceptional professional development opportunities through a tailored CPD programme
- An exciting opportunity to work within a growing school, shaping the future and strategic direction
- Confident, enthusiastic and well behaved children who enjoy learning
- A commitment to providing children with high quality learning opportunities
- Recognition of previous school continuous service
- Enhance maternity and sickness entitlement
- Career Opportunities
The ideal candidate will be:
- A Class Teacher with a record of successful teaching at primary level
- Committed to ensuring that all children achieve their very best
- Willing and committed to developing and sharing outstanding teaching practice
- Able to work in partnership with children, parents, staff, governors and the wider community
- Able to challenge children to achieve beyond their expectations
- Able to provide stimulating and engaging experiences for our children and support them in becoming lifelong learners
If you would like to be part of the team, why not visit us?
Please call the school office on 01737-643978 to arrange a time for a tour.
Advert closing date: 29th November
Interview date: TBC
Start date: January 2020
Salary: Main Pay Range
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.