Situated in the centre of The Hague and enjoying an excellent reputation, the HSV International Primary School has approximately 520 (growing to 600+ ) children following a full primary curriculum, delivered in English, currently across three locations: KSS, VNS and NSL. A fourth location, VHS, will open its doors for the 2018-19 academic year. The VHS location will share premises with other school under the same umbrella of the HSV family: the Lighthouse School Special Education, The Three Little Ships, Het Open Venster and the HSV Board Office.
The school's curriculum is based on England’s National Curriculum for English (Literacy) and Mathematics, the core subjects. Other subjects are taught through the International Primary Curriculum (IPC).
Part Time EAL teacher
Due to the expansion of the HSV International Department, we are looking for a dynamic EAL teacher for 11 hours a week (two days). We seek a team member who is passionate and committed to the learning and development of young children whose native language is not English. It is essential that the successful candidate shows a willingness to work collaboratively and plan across the curriculum to meet the needs of learners, and have the desire to work closely with parents, support the school and participate in school events.
We seek applications from candidates who possess the following qualities:
- good interpersonal and organisational skills
- a commitment to working strategically as part of a team: working collaboratively with class teachers and parents
- a sensitivity to the different needs of children, particularly children from the international community
- sense of humour
- good ICT skills
- a willingness to learn the Dutch Language
- ability to work independently
All applicants must:
- have Qualified Teacher Status (Parts 1 and 2) (BEd or PGCE equivalent must be for primary education only). TEFL qualifications are not recognised for the Dutch validation process and candidates must be primary trained and qualified.
- have experience of working with EAL children
- be fluent in English (C2 level)
- have experience of teaching the full primary curriculum to whole classes of children
- minimum two years teaching experience (NQTs are not eligible to apply)
- be eligible to live and work in the EU. We are not able to secure work permits for candidates.
Please send by e-mail:
- CV, including details of nationality
- A cover letter giving your motivation for this position
- Details of two professional references
To: Mrs Lorraine Janet Dean
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us by 1st June, you should assume that you have not been successful.