The Harpur Trust has been inspiring and supporting the people of Bedford to help them improve their lives for over 450 years. We support and promote education, run four independent Schools, sponsor the HEART Multi Academy Trust and give grants to local community projects.
Part time Education Development Advisor
25 hours per week (potential for flexible working arrangements)
£40,000 - £45,000 p.a. pro rata (depending on experience)
This is an exciting, dynamic role to champion and develop the Trust’s education activities based at the Harpur Trust Offices. You will be a qualified teacher and be likely to have worked at Head of Department level. In this role you will:
• Act as a conduit for sharing best practice within the Trust’s four independent School’s, the HEART MAT and the wider education community in Bedford.
• Forge relationships with Bedford Borough’s maintained sector Schools
• Provide specialist advice and support to our Chief Executive
• Identify and promote innovative education initiatives
• Be able to demonstrate your ability to network, develop and successfully sustain all stakeholder relationships
• Have sound understanding of Keeping Children Safe in Education
• Preferably have experience of both the independent and maintained sectors, although this is not essential
Whilst the role is for 25 hours per week, this can be spread across a fl exible number of days per week and there is potential for increased hours up to 32 per week. In addition term time only arrangements can be considered. The Trust offers excellent benefi ts which include a generous pension scheme, life insurance, health care cash plan and hospital surgical treatment insurance.
If you would like to know more please visit www.harpurtrust.org.uk/jobs
Closing Date: 12 noon Wednesday 24th January, 2018
The Harpur Trust a company limited by guarantee. Registered in England company number 3475202. Registered offi ce: Pilgrim Centre, Princeton Court, Brickhill Drive, Bedford, MK41 7PZ. Registered charity number 1066861.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.