Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are seeking to appoint an Instructor Tutor specialising in Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) to join our successful supply teaching team and to work in local SEND Schools and Provisions in Thorney and the surrounding Cambridgeshire area. This will be a part-time position (2-3 days a week), starting from September 2018 and may increase to a full-time post from January 2019.
The desired Instructor Tutor will be teaching a variety of subjects up to GCSE/BTEC Level, including Maths, English and Science. You will be supported by an outstanding and dedicated senior leadership team, and be working alongside some excellent Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) practitioners. The successful candidate must have experience of teaching young people with behavioural difficulties and be comfortable in managing the transition between Secondary to Post 16. It is also important that the successful Instructor Tutor is confident with managing challenging behaviour and managing the behaviour of a small class.
** It is essential that the desired Instructor Tutor is confident with completing planning and marking for this position. **
To be considered for the position as Instructor Tutor, you must:
· Have experience of supporting children, young people and/ or adults with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND); including Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD), Social, Emotional and Behavioural (SEBD) Difficulties, Autism (ASD/ASC), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) and/or Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) Difficulties
· Have a nationally recognised teaching qualification, such as Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) or a PGCE with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
· Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons
· Have a genuine desire to become part of committed team of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) practitioners
At Vision for Education, we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as an Instructor Tutor, you will receive:
· Excellent daily rates of pay, paid weekly through PAYE
· Support through your placements
· Unparalleled daily rates
· Access to a dedicated SEND Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
· Access to free specialist Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling Qualifications, and 20+ eLearning Courses through EduCare
· £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
· Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are an Instructor Tutor who can enthuse, motivate and engage students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you today.
For more information on this Instructor Tutor position and other supply teaching opportunities Vision for Education have to offer within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) across Cambridgeshire, please contact the Peterborough SEND Team on 01733 371371 or Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk