The School is looking to appoint a creative and enthusiastic IT Technician to assist teachers, support staff and pupils in bringing technology to the fore.
The use of technology is fully embraced and embedded across the curriculum at Davenies from the early years through to Year 8 and there is an enduring commitment to invest in technology and training to meet the School’s aims and business needs.
Assist with the running of the School’s computer network on a day-to-day basis under the supervision of the IT Network Manager including laptops, classroom and office PC’s, iMacs, iPads, printers, photocopiers, interactive whiteboards, projectors, Apple TV and other devices
- Provide first line fault finding for all laptops, computers, mobile devices and peripheral devices
- Provide technical support to maintain classroom Interactive Whiteboards and Projectors
- Provide Audio Visual support for projectors, screens, Apple TV, DVD players and other components throughout School including the set-up of equipment for specific School events
- Assist with the set-up and configuration of new hardware and software
- Offer support to staff in the utilisation of cloud-based services, desktop applications and programmes
- Support academic staff with the uploading and maintenance of content to their curriculum intranet pages
- Perform routine maintenance of all laptops, computers, iPads, peripheral devices and AV equipment, and other devices
- Update laptops, computers and devices with software or application refreshes as necessary
- Carry out every day and routine tasks to ensure the ongoing functionality of printer and copiers around the School, such as replacing ink cartridges, toners and paper
- To attend specialist training where appropriate
- Undertake other appropriate work as delegated by the IT Network Manager