Part-time Music Teacher
Work Pattern: 2 days per week (0.4)
Salary: Main Pay Range; the salary advertised is the full-time equivalent and is subject to change upon the contracted days / hours worked
Interview Date: Week beginning 25th November 2019
Are you a passionate music teacher who is looking for a unique and exciting opportunity?
We are looking for an exceptional and innovative primary specialist to join our team to teach music across the school.
Bourne Primary School is well known in the borough for its excellent music provision. Our long standing music teacher is retiring after 16 years of service to our community. We now have a thriving school choir of around 60 pupils who win numerous awards every year; we have a wind band, a rock band and various peripatetic instrumental lessons. The quality of singing at our school is extremely high; every child can sing a middle C by the time they leave us!
Our one-form entry school is in a lovely location in South Ruislip with excellent transport links.
We are seeking someone who:
- Can continue to shape and develop our music provision so that every child is set-up to enjoy a life enriched by music and the many holistic benefits that it brings.
- Has a growth mind set and can think outside the box.
- Is an excellent, creative primary practitioner with high expectations as a core belief.
- Can motivate and inspire children through their learning journey.
- Has a clear understanding of the importance of ongoing, formative assessment.
- Is committed to developing their skills and experience and is keen to share these with other staff.
- Has the drive and ambition to go the extra mile to make great things happen for the children of Bourne Primary.
- Is a strong team player who is resilient and relentless in the pursuit of excellence.
We can offer:
- A happy, caring school ethos with values-based education at its core.
- Well-behaved children who are eager to learn.
- A supportive, friendly team.
- A school at the heart of the local community.
- Opportunities for your own professional and leadership development through peer coaching and high-quality, bespoke CPD.
- Plenty of space for outdoor learning including an on-site Forest School.
- A dedicated music room.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged so you can see our wonderful school for yourself before applying. Please contact the school office on 01895 462359 or email email@example.com to make arrangements.
CVs will not be accepted