Part-Time Teacher of French, School Year 2018-2019
The school seeks to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic and committed teacher of French on a part-time (approximately 0.6), fixed-term contract for the school year 2018-2019. The successful candidate will be required to teach French in the senior school (Years 8 to 13) and prepare pupils for GCSE and A-level examinations (Edexcel). Experience of sixth form teaching is essential.
- having a sharp and progressive vision of the subject and of teaching and learning in a successful department
- teaching French from Years 8 to 13 and communicating an enthusiasm of the language to pupils
- conducting oral examinations at GCSE and A-level
- updating and preparing schemes of work as appropriate
- enabling pupils of all abilities to reach their full potential through the development of appropriately differentiated schemes of work in all key stages
- carrying out assessments
- marking pupils’ work and providing appropriate feedback
- writing reports for all pupils
- running additional clubs and activities to promote language learning in school
- promoting foreign languages in the school and contributing to the Languages’ Twitter profile
- making a positive contribution to the efficient running of the department, including setting and marking examinations, attending departmental meetings and Parents’ Meetings, Open Days and other school events promoting the school and undertaking administrative and other tasks as delegated by the Head of Department
- enhancing the quality of teaching and learning in the department through sharing resources and good practice, lesson observation, and active participation in continuing professional development
- taking on extra responsibilities within the department as required
- ensuring all deadlines are met
- attending relevant courses in the interests of staff development
Applications (application form, accompanying letter and full curriculum vitae with contact details for two referees) should be sent to the Headmistress: Miss Alison Jones (Rye St Antony, Pullen’s Lane, Oxford OX3 0BY; telephone 01865 762802; email email@example.com).
For an application form, please contact Ms Ellen Phelips (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit the Staff Vacancies page on the school website (www.ryestantony.co.uk). Applications will be accepted only from candidates who have completed the application form in full.
The closing date for applications is 15 March 2018, and the interview programme is planned for Wednesday 21 March 2018.