We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and well-qualified Part-time Teacher of History on a permanent basis from September 2017.
The role offers an excellent opportunity for an inspiring teacher to work in a supportive and innovative school where students are making significant and sustained progress. Applicants will need to demonstrate the ability to embrace new ideas and a thorough commitment to student learning.
• Degree or comparable qualification
• Ideally, PGCE or Qualified Teacher status but will consider an NQT
• Evidence of continuing professional development
• Ability to teach History across the Senior School
• Experience of teaching of History to GCSE level and A level
• An understanding of the learning needs of students of all academic abilities
• Ability to set high expectations Ability to monitor, evaluate and review student performance
• Ability to monitor the effectiveness of the teaching of History
• Strives for excellence in all aspects of work
• Extensive, up to date knowledge and understanding of the History curriculum
• The ability to support and inspire young people and to encourage them to engage with the curriculum
• Evidence of effective teaching practices targeted at improving progress of both individual pupils and groups.
• A competitive package dependent on skills and experience
• The School has high expectations of its staff, and therefore looks to reward them with a competitive salary scale and beneficial conditions of service
• There is an extensive induction programme for all new colleagues and NQTs and ongoing professional development is encouraged
• There is ample opportunity to take on additional responsibility
• The School enjoys a fantastic situation: central London is 30 minutes away, the M25 and A3 are 5 minutes away. Heathrow is less than half an hour.
• Fee concessions are available for the pupils of any member of staff who meet the school’s entry requirements
• Longer holidays than the state maintained sector
• Free on-site parking
• School Nurse on site
• Free use of the pupil coach service to and from the school using any route.
• Free use of the school’s leisure and sporting facilities, including a heated indoor pool
• Free lunch and refreshments are available throughout the working day