Teacher of Science (Part time 0.5, permanent position)
We are seeking to appoint a committed colleague with a passion for Science and the ability to motivate and inspire our students in the classroom. We are a forward thinking Learning Community and we are looking for an enthusiastic and committed professional to join our current team.
Our results and standards continue to rapidly improve and you will have the highest expectations for our students. You will be able to develop excellent classroom practice in meeting the needs of students of all abilities.
- be a strong, committed and reflective teacher;
- have excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- be committed to maintaining the high standard of teaching that is already embedded within our Learning Community.
- be a welcoming and supportive team;
- provide a range of excellent CPD opportunities;
- be at the cutting edge of quality learning and teaching, as we develop our school and our curriculum.
Cannock Chase High School is an 11–19 mixed comprehensive school with around 850 students on roll. Students and staff are warm, open and supportive to one another and proud of their school. Mutual respect is a key feature of our relationships here. We are currently experiencing high levels of success, with over 30% of our sixth formers going to Russell Group universities.
Please refer to the following documentation, when completing an application for this post (available on the school website: http://www.cannockchasehigh.com/Jobs-at-CCHS):
1. Application Guidance Notes;
2. Job Description & Person Specification.
A successful application will include:
1. A completed School Application Form;
2. A completed Recruitment Monitoring Form;
3. A Letter of Application (of no more than two sides of A4), outlining how your skills and experience to date meet the requirements of this post.
All applications must be on the School Application Form (which is also available from the school or via the website), CVs alone are not acceptable. Applications are to be sent to reach the school by the closing date (e-mail applications are welcomed: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The post is subject to enhanced DBS clearance, medical clearance and receipt of two positive references. Your referees should be easily accessible, including by e-mail, to help with the selection process.
Closing date: Monday 3rd July 2017 at 11.00am.
Interview dates: Interviews to take place during week beginning 3rd July 2017.
Once candidates have been notified that they have been invited for interview, references will then be requested.
Informal visits to the school can be arranged by contacting the school’s reception on 01543 502450.
Headteacher: Mr I Turnbull
Cannock Chase High School, Hednesford Road, Cannock, WS11 1JT.
Telephone: (01543) 502450