We are looking to appoint a part-time Teacher in Theology to enable each student to achieve her potential in Theology through high quality teaching, employing appropriate and varied methods and making effective use of resources.
We welcome applications from NQTs and experienced qualified teachers, who can demonstrate the highest standards of delivery in order to raise attainment and are committed to motivating young people.
- Qualified teacher status
- A Good Theology Honours Graduate (or a closely allied subject)
- Applications from experienced and newly qualified teachers welcome
- Ability to teach and motivate pupils
- Ability to communicate passion and enthusiasm for his/her subject
- Excellent knowledge of Theology
- Good knowledge and understanding of subject related issues such as assessment, target setting etc.
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to use ICT
- Communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Capacity for sustained hard work – able to work under pressure
- Ability to solve problems, achievement driven
- Passionate, conviction and a clear personal philosophy which supports the ethos of the Department/School
- Creative, imaginative and resourceful
- Ability to make good professional relationships – with staff, students and parents
- Ability to motivate and make strong, resilient relationships with young people
- Integrity and loyalty
The Theology Department
Theology is a thriving and popular subject within the School. We are at the core of the curriculum and a compulsory subject up to GCSE. There are also healthy numbers at A Level. The department consists of three teachers who aim to develop confidence and enjoyment of the subject, providing the girls with an enriching experience that will encourage their learning up to A level and beyond with leavers going on to read Philosophy and Theology at top universities
Notre Dame School is a highly successful independent girls’ school set in 17 acres of beautiful parkland in Cobham. Notre Dame is a Catholic School and is a Foundation of the Company of Mary Our Lady with an ethos shaped by the life and work of St Jeanne de Lestonnac. Applying For more information on this post please download the Candidate Information Pack. To apply for this post please complete the TES online application form.
Closing Date: 12.00 noon, 16 March 2018
Interviews: 21 March 2018
Notre Dame School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check will be required for the post.