Part-time Teaching Assistant
The Dominie is a small, co-educational school which specialises in providing education for children with dyslexia and associated learning difficulties, aged 6 to 12. We support children who struggle in mainstream education and give them the opportunity to succeed at school. The Dominie seeks an experienced, enthusiastic teaching assistant to join our team of dedicated staff.
We are looking to appoint a kind and positive individual who would like to develop their understanding of supporting learners with Dyslexia and associated learning difficulties, and gain experience working alongside a team of teachers and clinical practicioners.
We are looking for:
- Education up to A Level or University level.
- Experience working with children age 6 to 12.
- Someone calm, understanding and approachable.
- An understanding of safeguarding.
- A willingness to learn and an interest in special educational needs.
We can offer:
- Small class sizes.
- The opportunity to work in a unique building close to Battersea Park.
- A team of dedicated and supportive colleagues.
- Rewarding work in a positive learning environment, with pupils who are ‘excited to come to school every morning’. (Ofsted 2018)
- A school committed to doing the best for every pupil and fostering a life-long love of learning.
Closing Date: Applications will close once vacancies have been filled.
Shortlisting: Suitable applicants will be contacted within one school week of application submission.
To apply for this opportunity, please contact Marni Appleton with your CV, completed application form and cover letter: email@example.com
The Dominie is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.