Type: Fixed Term until July 2020
Weeks: Term Time + Inset Days (39 weeks)
Hours: 30 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
We are currently seeking to appoint a motivated and professional Teaching Assistant to work on a one to one basis at our primary school in Kidsgrove. The applicant will work under the direct instruction of senior staff, providing general educational support to a specific pupil and the Executive Headteacher. This is a very rewarding opportunity for the successful applicant who will:
- Provide pastoral support to pupils within the school environment.
- Assist children in matters of personal needs and their general health including first aid and welfare matters.
- Provide structured support in accordance with specific work programmes designed and supervised by individual teachers
- To contribute to raising standards by ensuring high expectations are promoted for pupils.
- Involvement in the implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour/Support and/or Mentoring plans.
- Arrange medical/dental visits as appropriate.
- Provide general support to pupils, ensuring their safety, by complying with good H&S practice.
- Accompany teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required.
- Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday (30 hours per week)
We welcome applications from enthusiastic candidates with an NVQ Level 2 qualification in childcare or a relevant setting or working towards that qualification and have experience of working with SEND pupils.
Please ensure that your application is sent to Shaw Education Human Resources Manager at: email@example.com.
Shaw Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check. All applicants will be considered on the basis of suitability for the post regardless of age, sex, race or disability.
At our school, each pupil can feel that they belong to a caring and supportive environment and we are committed to the safeguarding and wellbeing of students. We therefore require all staff to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo appropriate child protection screening including an enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date: 27th March 12.00 pm 2020
Interviews: 1st April 2020 TBC
All candidates are required to submit an application form for this role, stating clearly the Job and Location of the vacancy which can be obtained from the Shaw Education Trust website. Candidates should forward completed forms to Recruitment@shaw-education.org.uk Unfortunately CV’s submitted will not be reviewed.