Part Time Trainee Science Technician
Start date: February/March 2020
Days/hours of work: 20 hours per week, Monday to Friday (39 weeks term time)
Salary: Grade A FTE (£17,364pa) Actual £8,050pa
Are you a Graduate Scientist or working towards a Degree in Science
We are seeking to appoint a Trainee Science Technician. The role mainly involves supporting the science department in managing stock and other materials, supporting lesson and preparing equipment. Alongside the Technician role, you will be providing proactive and responsive administrative the Science Department.
Experience in working in a school environment is desirable but not essential, as training will be provided.
Some of the typical work activities are as follows:
• Liaising with academic staff to discuss timetables, equipment requirements and work plans
• Preparing equipment and chemicals before lessons as requested by teaching staff
• Record keeping e.g. for students’ practical sessions, tracking methods, results, budgets, etc.
• Ensuring that equipment is properly cleaned and that chemicals, drugs and other materials are appropriately stored
• Supporting the work of teachers in classes and laboratory sessions and giving technical advice to staff and students
Do you have:
• General organisation and administrative skills including attention to detail, time management and ability to multitask
• Be able to show initiative and be self-motivated
• Be able to prioritise workloads
• Be able to stay calm under pressure
• Have the ability to use IT equipment (Microsoft Office)
• An interest in Science
Bohunt School in Liphook was judged Outstanding in all areas in April 2013 and the school has received national coverage for a variety of innovative initiatives. The School is located in attractive, open country on the edge of Liphook (40 miles from London) with easy access to the A3 between Guildford and Portsmouth. Bohunt School opened a new Sixth Form in purpose built accommodation in 2017.
Bohunt Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks, including enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
Visits to the school are welcome please contact Sarah Stafrace on 01428 725900 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For further details on how to apply, please visit www.bohunt.hants.sch.uk or email: email@example.com
Closing date: 09.00 on Monday 24 February 2020