Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Part Time Visual Arts & Technology Teacher at our Independent client school located in Sydney’s Western Suburbs, New South Wales, Australia. This school boasts strong community ties, excellent academic results, and modern facilities.
About the Role:
- Visual Arts & Technology Teacher
- Located in Sydney’s Western Suburbs
- Teaching Year 7 Visual Art or Year 7-8 Technology Mandatory
- Job Reference: #TES1710-522430AT
- Part-time and permanent role
- Potential to be full time with additional duties added
- Commencing January 2018
About the School:
- The school promotes strong community values with a specific focus on respect and responsibility
- Recently expanded from Years 11 – 12 to Years 9 – 12, and will be inclusive of Years 7 and 8 from January 2018
- Comprehensive curriculum guided by talented, skilled and dedicated teachers in world-class educational facilities
- Small campus and class sizes
- Impressive HSC results in 2016
About the Location:
Our client school is located in Western Sydney. It is located about 19 kilometres (11 miles) from the Sydney Central Business District. The location prides itself as one of the most multicultural communities in Australia. There is a mixture of residential, commercial and industrial areas. A commercial area is located close to a railway station. The railway station is on the Airport, Inner West & South and North Shore, Northern & Western lines of the Sydney Trains network. It is also easily accessible by buses and road. There are many multicultural restaurants, cafes and supermarkets. This location popular place of settlement for successive waves of immigrant groups in Sydney. It is a focal point especially for significant events such as football matches or political developments. Landmarks in the area also include a hospital and botanical gardens. It also has range of government and private schools.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria;
- Must hold tertiary qualifications in Secondary Education
- Previous experience teaching Visual Arts and Technology Mandatory will be highly regarded
- Be eligible to work in Australia (must have a visa)
- Possess relevant tertiary qualifications in education
- Must be registered or eligible for registration with the New South Wales Education Standards Authority
- Be registered or be eligible for the New South Wales Working With Children Check registration
- Be willing to contribute to co-curricular life and the school community
- Must be respectful of the school values and ethos
- Possess and provide appropriate professional reference details
The Benefits of Working with Smart Teachers:
We are a dedicated education recruitment agency that works closely with the independent and Catholic Schools across Australia sourcing talented teachers, leaders and support staff to fill a range of permanent and long term contract roles. We are a company of teachers who are passionate about facilitating the perfect match between school and candidate. To find out more about Smart please visit our website
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in Australia and meet all national safeguarding criteria. To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number #TES1710-522430AT
Please include your visa status on your CV or if you hold an Australian or New Zealand passport.
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £100 refer a friend scheme. (Terms and Conditions Apply).
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.