The Stockwood Park Academy have a wonderful and unique opportunity to join us in a dual role where you will have the responsibility in working with Pupil Premium students (pupils who are disadvantaged and vulnerable) and be responsible for managing the visual display boards around the academy. The main focus of the role is to support Pupil Premium students who have been identified as disadvantaged. These students receive an additional funding grant and extra resources which the academy must use to narrow the gap of attainment amongst their peers. We are looking for a candidate to take a whole school approach to make broad improvements across the school.
• Design, implement, monitor and evaluate the whole school disadvantaged student programme
• To work with individual and small groups of disadvantaged pupils, supporting and mentoring them to improve and maintain progress as outlined within the Academy plan
• To be responsible for the deployment of additional resources targeted at improving outcomes for disadvantaged pupils, and to monitor and evaluate its impact.
The secondary aspect of this role is to manage all display boards across the academy ensuring that they are presentable, inspiring, motivating, a good reflection of students’ work and in line with the academy’s ethos. We are looking for someone who has an eye for creativity and design however, we do not expect you to necessarily come from a design background.
At The Stockwood Park Academy, we are extremely proud of the excellent education experience offered. Here you will find a supportive, encouraging and enthusiastic staff body who work tirelessly to see you succeed. It’s incredibly important to us at The Stockwood Park Academy that all our staff are valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop.
• Start Date: September / October 2019
• Salary: L5 scale point 15-20 - £22911 - £25295 (FTE) / £20,706 - £22,960 (pro rata)
• Job Role: Full time, Permanent, Term-time + 2 weeks (to focus on displays around the academy)
Why work for The Stockwood Park Academy:
• £30 million state of the art modern facilities with well-equipped classrooms
• You will be working alongside charismatic, supportive and genuine colleagues and Senior Leadership Team who want to see you succeed and thrive
• A staff wellbeing team that implements various strategies to boost staff engagement including various activities, events, conferences and many other staff benefits
• Unparalleled CPD and training opportunities with cross trust and national development programmes
• Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
• You will be part of an 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in for many subject areas
• Great support for NQT’s including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and ‘Outstanding’ teacher programmes available
• All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment