Full time, term time plus one week
Fixed term, maternity cover
Starting September 2018
The Hewett Academy is looking for an exceptional pastoral manager to join our staff team. The successful candidate will deliver high quality pastoral support for students, helping students whose challenging behaviour is a barrier to learning and working as part of the wider student support team.
The successful candidate will have an unshakable belief in every student’s entitlement to the highest-quality education and ability to achieve and learn, whatever their personal circumstances. Experience of working with students with challenging behaviour is essential.
The ideal candidate will have:
· The ability to engage positively with, and build working relationships with, a wide range of young people and their families
· The ability to encourage positive and respectful student behaviour
· An awareness of de-escalation procedures
· The ability to work effectively as part of a team, with teaching staff and outside agencies
· Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication and presentation skills.
· A willingness to manage their own time effectively, work flexibly and use their own initiative
We are part of the Inspiration Trust, ranked as the country’s top family of comprehensive schools for pupil progress to GCSE, and work closely with our fellow schools across the region. We are committed to offering excellent professional and learning opportunities for our staff.
To apply for this role please complete the online application forms at www.inspirationtrust.org
Closing date for applications: 12pm, Monday, July 2 2018
Interview date: w/c July 9 2018
Inspiration Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All staff appointments are subject to satisfactory references and enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks. We are an equal opportunities employer.