Pastoral Support Manager.
We are looking to appoint an effective and enthusiastic Pastoral Support Manager to join our team.
Key Responsibility: To provide pastoral support to Elutec students to enable them to achieve their potential and progress on to the appropriate next steps. Also act as Deputy Designated Safeguard Lead.
Specific Requirements of the Post:
• Working with the Assistant Principal/DSL/Pastoral Lead (Engagement & Inclusion), to establish and operate the student support system
• To provide a drop-in service for students and staff members who need support and guidance around pastoral or behaviour management issues.
• To liaise with parents, feeder schools and other relevant agencies to establish and maintain appropriate support and guidance for all students at Elutec.
• To manage and embed the system for reporting behavioural incidents and escalating interventions (CPOMS)
• To provide the Principal with a monthly report of all behaviour incidents and actions taken
• To establish appropriate intervention courses for students, identify students who need the intervention and monitor the success of the courses in terms of changed behaviour of participants
• To ensure a timely and accurate completion of all administrative duties related to the role
• To be the Deputy DSL.
• To liaise with key staff members to monitor behaviour incidents and, where appropriate, creating personal support plans for students.
• To establish and co-ordinate transitional arrangements for student admissions
• To lead on the administration of parent consultation evenings.
• To provide guidance for staff members in dealing with specific students who are facing difficulties.
• To monitor bullying and racists incidents and ensure the completion of records is timely and accurate
• To provide a monthly report to the Principal of all bullying and racist incidents which includes an outline of action taken
• To monitor student attendance and flag attendance of less than 95% to appropriate staff, parents and, where appropriate, external agencies
• To provide a monthly report to the Principal of attendance which includes a bullet point outline of trends and changes
• To carry out additional tasks at the request of the Principal or Assistant Principals.
Please see the job description and person specification for full details.
Elutec is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Candidates should ideally hold a Level 3 Safeguarding certificate. Appointments are subject to the receipt of two satisfactory references and a DBS.
Please apply using the Elutec application form attached and email directly to Gillian Howard, HR Manager email@example.com. If you wish to have an informal discussion please call 0203 773 4672. CV's will not b accepted.
Please visit our website: www.elutec.co.uk