Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
1. To assist tutors to support ‘at risk’ learners in a range of learning settings to include one to one basis or in small groups, tutorial and enrichment activities.
2. To support ‘Looked After/Leaving Care’ learners, liaising with Social Workers and tutors to support and carry out Personal Education Plans to ensure learners remain in education and progress to positive destinations
3. To support learners with identified mental health issues, liaising with support staff and tutors to ensure learners are monitored and support
4. To have a good understanding of the issues around learner support and be committed to the delivery of this in a flexible and innovative way.
5. To have a good understanding of pastoral welfare support needs in order to ensure appropriate support is/put into place
6. To promote positive behaviour, attendance and respect for self and others.
7. To assist the monitoring of attendance and where necessary reporting and following up individuals targets to support the improvement of attendance and punctuality
8. To motivate and encourage learners to take responsibility for their own learning, helping them to set and maintain realistic targets
9. To liaise closely with learners’ tutors, student service staff, carer’s and families informing them of attendance and progress.
10. Effectively use data recording systems to maintain thorough records of meetings with students and actions taken or decisions made. Ensure records are comprehensive and thorough and made available to line manager and/ or course leaders as appropriate.
11. To identify and develop a range of appropriate learning resources.
12. To act as a link person between student services and curriculum
13. To attend team meetings / training as and when required.
14. To undertake any duties that may arise within the Division.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
a) Comply with internal and external quality standards and contribute to the College’s strategic aims.
b) Comply with college policies and procedures and health and safety regulations.
c) Support the safeguarding and promotion of students’ welfare.
d) Maintain confidentiality in relation to all College information and to comply with Data Protection Legislation.
e) Participate in the College’s Appraisal scheme and undertake any training as required
. f) Support and actively participate in the implementation of the College’s Equal Opportunity policies.