Pastoral Support Mentor
37 hours per week, term time only plus 5 days.
Scale 2 (points 3-4)
Actual starting salary range: £15,945 to £16,264 per annum
Fixed term contract, initially to 22 July 2022
Trinity Academy Grammar joined the Trinity Multi-Academy Trust in October 2018. Working closely with outstanding leaders from across the trust, the academy is characterised by its high aspirations and ambitions. Targeted and effective support systems have been implemented in order to create an environment where our students experience an outstanding education with no limit to what they can achieve.
GCSE results are a validation of the work we have undertaken to transform the academy and the results mean the academy is now recognised as one of the most improved schools in the country. As a result, this is a truly exciting time for the academy. We are determined to build on our initial success, increasing student numbers and constantly striving to serve our students better.
We are now looking to appoint a Pastoral Support Mentor:
- To provide operational support to the Pastoral team during the academy day to ensure high standards are maintained, and provide support to the Head of Year team.
- To provide classroom room support for identified students which contribute towards the improvement of attainment and development (attendance, behaviour and academia).
- To support the development of programmes which focus on students’ attitudinal and academic development, as identified through relevant evaluation and improvement planning.
- To implement the academy Behaviour for Learning and attendance strategies.
- To liaise with all relevant staff to support students' progress and overall development.
What we need?
- A good standard of education including English and Maths
- Experience of working with your people (of a relevant age) and securing positive outcomes
- Experience of working in an educational environment
What can we offer you?
- An opportunity to help shape the transformation of Trinity Academy Grammar
- Full support from a dedicated team of senior leaders and a large pastoral team
- Career progression and cross-trust working
- A range of staff benefits, including a Cycle to Work scheme, reduced-cost health cover and access to the West Yorkshire Pension Fund.
Our vision is to be the most transformational academy in England. If you would like to be part of our journey, we look forward to hearing from you.
Start date: To be agreed
Closing date: 9am Monday 13 December 2021
Interviews: week commencing 13 December 2021
Apply now! For further information on this role, the benefits of working for the trust and how to apply, visit our recruitment website; www.trinitymat.org/all-vacancies. Here you can also view our Staff Prospectus.
Trinity Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are made subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer and want our staff profile to reflect the community we serve.
The Trinity MAT were first approached to work with the then Sowerby Bridge High School, when it had been graded as inadequate by Ofsted and had been ranked in the bottom 15% of all schools nationally.
After joining the MAT in 2018 the progress made h...