37 hours per week 8.15– 4.15 pm with 4.30pm finish on Wednesdays and 3.30pm finish on fridays (half hour unpaid lunch)
Term time + 5 days
Are you passionate about helping every child succeed and improve their life chances?
Are you prepared to work collaboratively for the benefit of young people?
Will you offer children the opportunity to experience “life in all its fullness” by doing what it takes, no matter what their starting point or social challenges?
If so, Bolton St Catherine’s Academy would love to hear from you!
We are a 3-19 all age fully inclusive Academy on an exciting journey to become an outstanding organisation and are delighted to be able to offer state-of-the-art facilities in a new £36 million building providing staff with the opportunity to teach in a cutting edge and vibrant environment.
It is an exciting time to be joining us as we work hard to improve and bring in line our KS4 outcomes with those in our primary and 6th form phases which are already considered to be good. In 2018, we joined the then newly formed Bishop Fraser Trust, a C of E multi academy trust consisting of two outstanding schools - St James’s C of E High School and Canon Slade School where there are opportunities to work collaboratively within the wider MAT community sharing good practice and building on the much needed improvement work and progress that has been taking place over these past two years.
The schools of The Bishop Fraser Trust aim to offer:
- A high quality, inclusive and distinctive education
- A caring and nurturing environment based on our Christian values, recognising the uniqueness of each child.
This is a key role for the Academy and our young people. You will need to demonstrate the required skills, professionalism, personal attributes and resilience to lead the pastoral care of one of our secondary year groups. You will need to have their spiritual and emotional needs and wellbeing at the heart of your work, whilst at the same time utilising those strategies which best motivate them to engage in their learning to ensure they achieve their full potential through espousing our core values of Believe, Strive, Care and Achieve.
As a member of the wider pastoral team led by the Pastoral Deputy Headteacher, the post holder will preferably have previous school experience and be someone who:
- has a passion for seeing young people thrive and achieve their full potential, having high expectations for students’ attainment and personal development
- has experience of working with secondary aged young people with challenging behavioural and social needs and is able to employ a range of strategies to encourage them to be positive members of the school community and be the best citizens they can be
- demonstrates personal integrity and professionalism and role models those personal qualities we wish to instil in our students
- has a detailed knowledge of safeguarding and child protection procedures
- is innovative and solution focussed
- has excellent presentation and communication skills, able to enthuse and engage a student audience, a team of form tutors and also parents in the delivery of key messages
- has excellent interpersonal skills and is able to form positive and supportive relationships with young people and their parents
- believes our students deserve the best provision and has the strength of character to advocate on their behalf and challenge appropriately where colleagues are not demonstrating agreed standards
- is willing to work flexibly to meet the demands of a continuously improving organisation
In return we can offer:
- fantastic facilities
- a supportive and encouraging staff team
- a laptop to use whilst in employment
- a rigorous and motivational programme of continuous professional development
- opportunities to work with KS1 & KS2 pupils and get involved with extra-curricular activities
- a paid premium to a Healthcare Cash Plan to claim back contributions towards dental, optical and other medical costs
- 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to a Cycle to Work Scheme
- A lunch allowance for those colleagues volunteering to assist in lunchtime duties or activities
For more information visit our website www.boltonstcatherinesacademy.org.uk or contact the Pastoral Deputy Jason Whittaker on firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits to the school prior to application are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mrs L Knibb to arrange on 01204 332533.
To apply please complete the TES online application form ensuring in your application statement that you show how you meet items on the person specification and explaining why you are applying for this post and why our school. Please pre-empt any obvious questions your application may pose by addressing these in your application.
The Bishop Fraser Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers in all its schools to share this commitment. This post is subject to child protection screening including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and also past employment checks. We are an equal opportunities employer. References will be sought prior to interview.
Closing date: 9am Tuesday 28th January.