• Ref: 1788
• Location: Wakefield City Campus
• Salary/Grade: £21,738 - £24,759 per annum pro rata
• Hours of work: 32 hours per week*
*Consideration will be given to preferred working hours/pattern, please note this within your application and this will be discussed at interview.
Wakefield College is the largest college in the district and employs over 700 staff across 2 main campus locations. As you can imagine, payroll is an important function and we’re looking for someone to complete a team of two payroll professionals who will oversee the payroll function start to finish ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of all payroll and pensions administration, HMRC submissions and year-end processing.
About the role:
Day to day, working co-operatively with another Payroll Officer, you will have joint responsibility for managing payroll deadlines and transmissions, taking decisions which will ensure it runs as smoothly and accurately as possible. You will also ensure payments to HMRC are scheduled and actioned correctly and administer the various pension schemes in place.
The role of Payroll Officer sits within the HR team. It’s a lovely, friendly team which is entirely focused on collaborative working to achieve the end goal.
We’re not necessarily looking for a payroll qualification, although that would be great. More important is your experience within a payroll function so you can hit the ground running. Of course, the ability to work in a team environment as well as strong administration skills, attention to detail and a high level of accuracy, is a must have requirement.
• Generous Annual Leave (Pro-rata to 30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 additional closure days)
• Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
• Access to the West Yorkshire Pension Scheme
• Discounted Metro Card Scheme
• Access to employee assistance programme
• Reduced price personal gym membership
• Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
Closing date: 11.00am on Monday 11 November 2019.
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.