Payroll Team Leader | Toowoomba Catholic Schools Office
Applications close Friday, 15 November 2019
Full time | 38 hours per week
Continuing | Immediate start
$98,904 - $109,350 | PO 4
Toowoomba Catholic Schools (TCS) is a system of 31 primary, secondary, and P-12 schools located in Toowoomba, and across the Darling Downs and South West Queensland.
This is an exciting time to be joining our organisation. This role presents an opportunity to lead the payroll team to ensure the efficiency of a large computerised payroll administration system. The ideal applicant will be responsible for the interpretation and application of various awards, policies and procedures with regard to pay rate, leave entitlements and other employment conditions.
The Payroll Team Leader will be responsible for the oversight and completion of all payroll duties which includes all aspects of superannuation, compliance with Income Tax guidelines and workers’ compensation legislation.
- demonstrated experience in managing and leading a payroll function in a similar multi-site environment, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- strong knowledge of award interpretation and understanding of employment legislation
- proven and strong understanding of all areas of payroll services, current payroll legislation, tax and superannuation
- demonstrated experience in leading and mentoring a payroll team
- proven track record and experience in running end to end payroll processes
- personal and people management abilities including supervision, team building and conflict resolution
- attention to detail and accuracy
- strong analytical and report writing skills
- high level problem solving and organisational skills
- high level knowledge, skill and experience with the Microsoft suite of products, in particular, Microsoft Excel and the use of spreadsheets
Further details can be obtained from the Role Description.
Please submit your application via SEEK and include
- a cover letter, of no more than two pages, outlining how you would utilise your skills and experience to lead a payroll team to achieve high quality payroll services
- your resume
- the names and contact details of two referees (one must be your current or most recent manager)
- Suitability Declaration
- Employment Collection Notice.
To discuss this role, or any difficulties in applying, please contact Peter Simpson, Director: Human Resources, Toowoomba Catholic Schools Office, by email Peter.Simpson@twb.catholic.edu.au or by phone (07) 4637 1400.
For more information about Toowoomba Catholic Schools visit our website.