Due to our growing reputation and our increasing roll, Whitley Academy is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated PE teacher, who will also be expected to teach Science from Easter 2018 (or earlier if possible). The PE department is home to fantastic facilities, resources and equipment. The curriculum offer includes a wide range of sports KS3-KS5. The Science department is also well resourced, with a relentless focus on raising attainment and recruiting Y11 onto our KS5 courses. This would be a really exciting opportunity, for either an outstanding NQT or an experienced teacher looking to develop their career in a forward-thinking school. (All NQTs are supported with an outstanding, bespoke induction and CPD programme.)
You will be responsible for planning and delivering high quality lessons and achieving excellent results for your students, instilling in them a love for PE or Science and a desire to learn. You will be an effective team member, whose input will contribute to the further development of the current supportive and enthusiastic teaching team.
The successful candidate must be;
- Able to teach PE to at least KS4 and Science to at least KS3 and have the potential to contribute to KS5 delivery in PE,
- Committed to making a difference to the lives of pupils,
- Passionate about both PE and Science, with the ability to motivate pupils and achieve excellent results,
- Resilient with a strong personal drive,
- Someone who has high expectations of both students and their colleagues,
- Someone who has an excellent record of forging positive relationships with students to encourage great learning, and
- Someone who has a passion for the PE and the Sciences and the ability to share this with young people.
We will offer you;
- A positive learning culture,
- An ambitious leadership team with a clear vision for the Academy
- Access to the RSA Academies’ Teaching School Alliance, which offers high quality training and leadership experiences for all staff.
Successful candidates should look forward to working in a challenging and inspiring environment within which there is ample opportunity to lay the foundations for career progression and leadership. We are committed to ensuring that every member of our school community is enabled to ‘be the best they can be’.
To find out more about Whitley Academy, please go to www.whitleyacademy.com or to find more details about the RSA Family of Academies, please visit www.rsaacademies.org.uk
Informal visits are welcomed. To arrange a visit please contact Mrs. Baker (Principal’s PA): email@example.com
Further information regarding this vacancy and the application process can be downloaded from this website or alternatively can be found at http://www.whitleyacademy.com/Recruitment.aspx
Completed applications should be returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only fully completed application forms will be accepted. CVs not accompanied with a completed application form will not be considered.
Closing date is: Noon - Friday 1st December 2017
Interviews will be held the week beginning 4th December 2017
This post is not open to recruitment agencies. We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to the safeguarding of and promoting the welfare of children. This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such, appointment will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).