WETHERBY PREPARATORY SCHOOL
MARYLEBONE – W1
Boys’ School (7 – 13 years, 375 on roll). Independent Preparatory (IAPS)
We seek to recruit, for September 2020, either an existing, specialist PE/Games Teacher, or a talented practitioner who would like to develop their career in this direction. The successful applicant will work in co-ordination with our existing Games and PE Department, making best use of Wetherby Sports Ground in Acton. Applications are welcome from those with appropriate independent or maintained sector experience, including secondary schools. Outstanding Newly Qualified Teachers may be considered.
Remuneration: Alpha Plus Group Salary Scale
Please view the school website for more information about the school and to download the application form and view the job description.
Please email applications email@example.com or post to:
Wetherby Preparatory School, Bryanston Square, London W1H 2EA – 020 7535 3520
Closing date for applications: 21 March 2018
Only those candidates who have been shortlisted will be responded to.
Alpha Plus Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as an employee of APG you are expected to share this commitment. The protection of our pupils’ welfare is the responsibility of all staff within APG Schools and individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of our organisation.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
The PE/Games Teacher will be required to:
• To attend curriculum meetings with respect to the curriculum.
• To help organise fixtures both internally and with other schools and to disseminate relevant information regarding these.
• To help organise an annual Sports Day.
• To attend INSET as required by the Headmaster and/or Deputy Head.
• To attend Staff Meetings, Parents’ Evenings and any other functions as required by the Headmaster and/or Deputy Head.
• To undertake a certain amount of administration and other tasks related to the post either at the direction of the Headmaster and/or Deputy Head or by using his/her initiative.
• To play a full part in the life of the School and to undertake pastoral/supervisory duties as required.
• Abide by the objectives and targets of the school, and follow the procedures and practices utilised in all aspects of the work, including computerised and manual systems and the maintenance of relevant records.
• Fulfil personal requirements where appropriate with regard to school policies and procedures, particularly safeguarding, health and safety, equal opportunities, customer care and promotion of the school’s core values.
• To attend any other meetings deemed appropriate to the post.
• To write reports on the children in his/her care.
• To carry out any additional duties which may from time to time be required by the Headmaster and/or Deputy Head.
• To exercise appropriate professionalism, discretion and confidentiality in the carrying out of all duties described above.
• To teach all pupils to the best of his/her ability at all times
• To attend any such courses deemed necessary by the Headmaster and/or Deputy Head for the continuation and improvement of the School and its pupils.
• To ensure that all duties are carried out to the highest standard and to reflect that high standard in dress and general appearance.
The salary for PE/Games teacher is set according to the Teachers’ Scale of the Alpha Plus Group.
(You) have responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people for whom you are responsible, or with whom you come into contact in the school. It is your responsibility to adhere to and ensure compliance with the school’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy at all times. If at any time you identify any instance that a child or young person is at risk you must report your concerns immediately to the Designated Senior Person, DSP or the Head.
Note: This job description is indicative of the duties and responsibilities of the post but does not form part of any contract of employment. All jobs within the school evolve over time and their features vary from year to year.