We are looking for a PE Teacher to join our School, who have an enthusiasm and passion for working with students. The position will commence in August 2021, the initial contract will be for a period of two years, and the contract is renewable.
Candidates are expected to:
- have a Bachelor degree or above (Major in physical education preferred);
- have more than 2 years of relevant teaching experience;
- have good communication skills with kids;
- have ability to deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated PE curriculum for all students;
- work co-operatively and supportively with all members of staff
- experience with IB and IGCSE beneficial
- Aware of content and pedagogy in physical education within school context
- Plan and prepare lessons for PE class according to specified scope and sequence documents
- Maintaining class records
- Conduct classes according to IB standards of practice
- Class management skills
- Class ethos of respect for diverse ethnic communities
- Plan collaboratively with PE department for progressive PE development across grades
- Work and collaborate with Homeroom teachers for PE specialist link
- Work with Homeroom to prepare for Assemblies, special events, sports activities.
- Collaborate with all relevant departments for special events planning.
- Attend all relevant meetings as prescribed by school and department.
- Be prepared to enrich school culture by volunteering for committees, events support, etc.
- Experience in sports events arrangement.
- This includes but is not limited to the job functions involved with the position.
Compensation and benefit package
- Competitive salary;
- Housing allowance;
- Airfare allowance;
- Healthcare/Medical Insurance ;
- Working days free lunch;
- Free tuition fee for up to two children;
- Shipping fee;
- Working visa processing fee;
- Professional development;
School website: www.wes-cwa.org
Changsha WES Academy
Changsha, Hunan, China
- Mainstream school with state funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 16 years