If you aspire to be a teacher in an Outstanding (Ofsted, 2011) and over-subscribed school then Woolwich Polytechnic, a popular, all-inclusive boys’ school, is the place for you.
We are seeking a dedicated, enthusiastic and inspiring teacher, who can consistently teach good or outstanding lessons ideally with a rugby specialism, to join our large and thriving PE department. Candidates will need to demonstrate an exceptional passion, commitment and energy in sport, fitness and healthy living and a willingness to contribute widely to the work of the department.
You will be joining a vibrant, hardworking and experienced department that is committed to ensuring successful outcomes for our students. Last year, 100% of students taking GCSE PE achieved an A-C grade with 50% achieving either an A or A*. Aside from curriculum teaching across KS3, KS4 & KS5, the successful candidate will contribute to the sports programme at lunch times and after school.
Extra-curricular sport and physical activity is highly regarded at The Poly and a commitment to supporting the extra curricular program is an essential part of this role. The Poly has an exceptional sporting pedigree and regularly experiences success at county, national and regional level. In 2016/17, The Poly were London football champions in 2 year groups, North Kent rugby champions at u13, London athletics champions at u14 and national handball finalists at u15.
We welcome applications from practitioners who have:
• A proven record of consistently outstanding lessons and the delivery of high quality outcomes. • The ability to add to a highly-effective and motivated team
• A desire to further raise achievement and success of PE within the school
• Experience of teaching all key stages
• The ability to coach rugby and contribute towards the departments long term vision
As a member of staff at Woolwich Polytechnic School we can offer you:
• Opportunities for career progression
• Excellent professional development
• A contributory pension scheme
• Opportunities to collaborate with outstanding and dynamic teaching professionals
• Free tea, latte, cappuccino and hot chocolate etc.
• An employee assistance programme
• Childcare vouchers
• Season ticket loans
• Finders fees for personal introductions of staff that we employ
• Excellent catering facilities
• Secure on-site parking
This post would be suitable for an experienced teacher or a successful NQT.
The closing date for applications is 22 March 2017. Interviews are scheduled for the following week.
If you feel that working within this Outstanding and innovative school is for you, then please apply by completing the school application form.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including the need for the successful candidate to undertake a disclosure and barring check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The school is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.