St. Stephen’s International School, Khao Yai Campus, is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and dynamic PE teacher for August 2020. The PE teacher will be responsible for the provision of PE for both girls and boys across the whole school and oversees the dedicated PE teaching assistant.
The PE Department follows the British curriculum model from Early Years to KS5. Some students are taught in mixed year groups. All public examination courses are provided by Cambridge International Examinations.
It is essential to:
• Be able to teach a range of team sports and individual fitness skills
• Be confident in teaching swimming
• Be a native-level English speaker
• Committed to supporting the wider aspects of sport in school such as tournaments that happen after school hours or during weekends
• Be appropriately qualified (e.g. B.Ed. or a first degree and a PGCE)
• Provide three professional referees, one of whom must be your current, or most recent Principal.
It is desirable to:
• Have experience of working in the international sector
• Have experience of successfully teaching mixed groups
• Have experience of organising a range of sporting enrichment activities
• Be able to offer an additional academic subject up to at least IGCSE
St. Stephen’s is a boarding school located very close to the World Heritage Site of the Khao Yai National Park, about two hours drive from Don Mueang Airport in Bangkok. The school has a very large and beautiful campus with stunning local scenery, and is well equipped with facilities including a sports field, three tennis courts, large gymnasium and a 25m swimming pool. St. Stephen's also hosts the Howling Gibbon Outdoor Centre.
We encourage all interested candidates to apply to the Head of Campus, via the online application form (see below) and send their CV, with a recent photograph directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that St. Stephen’s International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including a criminal record disclosure and other standard pre‐employment safeguarding checks.
Successful overseas candidates for teaching posts will normally be offered:
• a two year contract, renewable by mutual agreement
• a competitive salary
• accommodation allowance
• medical insurance
• flights to and from home location
• free tuition for up to two dependent children
• relocation allowance
Closing date: Thursday 16 January 2019
The school reserves the right to appoint earlier if a suitable candidate for a position is identified.
Interviews will be held in Khao Yai or by Skype.