We are seeking to appoint an outstanding, enthusiastic and committed PE teacher who is a highly skilled and motivated practitioner to work across the Trust. We are looking for somebody with excellent teaching skills to work with our pupils aged 11-19 years, who have a range of special educational needs.
We are looking for somebody with a track record of outstanding teaching. Candidates will possess the ability to share their practice, work with a positive and optimistic outlook and drive forward improvements. We would welcome applications from teachers who have experience in SEN or teachers from mainstream schools who have the capacity to develop their skills quickly.
We anticipate that the selected candidate will be based at Piper Hill initially although teachers may be expected to teach across the Trust over time.
Information for Applicants
Pupils are taught in Key Stages in 3 teaching strands: independent, structured and experiential and therefore a range of teaching and delivery styles are used so that every child is included and benefits from the activity. Excellent support will be provided as this school is an Investor In People Gold school.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is an outstanding teacher and a strong curriculum coordinator
• Is a teacher with experience and interest in SEN practices and provision with extensive knowledge of how to meet the needs of SEN pupils or the capacity to gain this quickly
• Has the ability, imagination and inspiration to lead and further improve a strong and effective team of teachers and teaching assistants within the school
• Has a great deal of enthusiasm and can motivate and inspire all pupils to learn and can show their impact from their current post on their pupil learning
• Has the capacity to have a significant impact on selected curriculum areas
• Has excellent communication skills
• Has an interest in teaching a range of subjects as the timetable requires
• Is able to contribute fully to the life of the school
We can offer you:
• A supportive, enthusiastic and fun staff team
• A well-resourced environment
• Excellent professional development opportunities – we would support leadership development
• Strong links with other schools
• A challenge!
• Fantastic students and a vibrant school community
Piper Hill Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced with barred list information check”. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.
Candidates will be shortlisted against the person specification for the post. The Job Description, person specification and the application form are available on the school website: www.piperhillschool.net CVs will not be accepted in place of the application form.
Please return forms to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school office to arrange.
If you require further information please contact the Headteacher.
Closing date for applications: 5th December 2016.
Selected candidates will be required to have a lesson observation as part of the interview process. Interviews: Week of 19th December 2016