PE Teacher Trainee
Located in the beautiful town of Tervuren, near the university city of Leuven, BSB is a not for profit, inclusive fee-paying international school with 1,350 students from approximately 70 countries. There is an Early Childhood Centre for children aged 1-3. Our Primary School offers a bespoke curriculum with integrated learning themes that are inquiry based and skills driven.
Whilst British-based, it is uniquely adapted to the needs of our international and multicultural student body. Students in Year 10 & 11 study for (I)GCSE and BTEC courses. Post-16 students can choose from three internationally recognised pre-university examination courses:
English A Levels, International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or BTEC. BSB has outstanding facilities and is the only international school in Belgium to have its own 25m indoor swimming pool. With an excellent record of academic achievement, BSB students go on to attend a wide range of top universities across the globe.
We are seeking to employ an enthusiastic, hard-working and passionate graduate who wants to pursue a career in PE teaching. Qualifying over a two-year period whilst employed by the school, this really is a unique opportunity for an inspirational and ambitious young person making their way in the world of teaching.
We expect this to be an exceptionally competitive appointment as BSB is one of the only International Schools in Europe who offer such a pathway and do so hand in hand with TES.
What BSB can offer you as a Trainee Teacher:
- Quality professional development, including access to a dedicated TES Institute Pathway Tutor, and subject specific mentor within the school
- Tailored 4-6 terms of the ‘Straight to Teaching’ course depending on previous experience https://www.tes.com/institute/straight-to-teaching-qts
- Followed by 1 term of the ‘Assessment Only’ course – culminating in QTS.
- The opportunity to teach in some of Europe’s very best sporting facilities after the recent 25-million-euro investment of the Jacques Rogge build. This includes a 500-seater sports hall, 25 metre swimming pool, purpose built gymnastic auditorium, a fitness suite and dance studio.
- Regular networking opportunities within the school
- A place on the above Ofsted inspected TES programme
The applicant will need:
- The minimum requirements for potential programme participants are:
- Hold an undergraduate degree in a sport related subject
- Hold GCSEs or equivalent qualifications in Maths and English equivalent to grade C/4 or above
- Have taken and passes the professional skills test in literacy and numeracy before registering for QTS assessment. This can be completed through TES once you have started the Straight to Teaching programme if necessary.
- Previous experience working in a teaching or coaching environment would be an advantage.
- Show the qualities and skills of someone who can become a fully qualified teacher
We take the development of all our staff seriously, whatever period of time they have been teaching for. As a trainee teacher, you will benefit from an experienced TES Institute mentor and department mentor; a reduced teaching timetable in the first year; your own allocated space in the PE office and a bespoke training programme that meets your needs as an individual. Alongside this, with a desired commitment required to the Enrichment programme,
there will be opportunities to coach teams and travel throughout Europe for fixtures and tournaments.
As a school, our global reputation continues to grow. As a faculty, we have established ourselves as a beacon for sport throughout European International Schools with our highly successful and competitive Enrichment programme and ever-evolving core PE programme.
• Committed to achieving the best at all times for BSB students
• Belief that in learning and in life more is achieved together than alone
• Open mindedness and welcoming of otherness
• Committed to the safety and wellbeing of BSB students.
In return, we offer:
- To cover the fee of both courses.
- A two-year, full-time employment contract representing €27,840 gross per year and extra-legal benefits including hospitalisation insurance, extra pension payments, luncheon vouchers, free use of the BSB sport facilities.
The deadline for applications is 24th February 2020 at 16:00 (CET). Please note that only applications sent in using the application form on the BSB website will be considered. No other submissions will be accepted.
Short listed candidates will be invited to interview at the school by mid-May.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have not heard anything further from us by mid-May, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
To apply, follow the instructions on www.britishschool.be (Job opportunities)
“The British School of Brussels is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.” (with reference to the most recent KCSIE)
The British School of Brussels
Pater Dupierreuxlaan 1
Tel: + 32 2 766 04 30
Fax: + 32 2 767 80 70