Arcadia School would like to appoint a committed, self-driven and experienced PE Technician/Assistant to start from Aug 2021 with the ability to assist in the development and growth of an emerging PE Department, experience in coaching swimming is desirable.
● Working closely with PE staff and fully support learning in PE lessons which may involve leading specific activities
● Take a lead role in organising, promoting and delivering a range of extracurricular activities
● To promote good pupil behaviour through being an effective role model, through dealing with conflicts and incidents in line with established policy and through encouraging pupils to be responsible for their own behaviour
● Organisation of practical equipment, including preparation and storage before and after lessons.
● Assisting teaching staff in the maintenance and sanitisation of a safe working environment
● Putting up and taking down displays
● Updating and promoting social media outlets for Arcadia PE
● Administration tasks associated with the planning and implementation of PE activities and trips
● Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students and for raising any concerns in line with School procedures
● Promoting equality and diversity in line with School policies and procedures
● Following health and safety requirements in line with School policies and procedure
● Contribute to curriculum development and adaptation with particular attention to the swimming curriculum.
● Minimum of 2 years of experience in a school PE Department environment
● Minimum qualification of Swim England (ASA) Level 2 or equivalent Coaching Certification - Proven results with swim squads
● Excellent communication skills with colleagues, students of all ages and parents
● Lifeguard certification preferred
● High school or Bachelors degree
Only local applications within UAE will be accepted for this role. Interviews will be held via zoom and the successful applicant will be expected to take a COVID-19 test 72 hours before joining and are expected to be vaccinated.
United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years