An exciting opportunity has arisen for an innovative practitioner to be part of The West Somerset Academies Trust based at Danesfield Middle School, Williton. Danesfield is a Church of England Middle School, serving the community of Williton in West Somerset, and is situated close to the Exmoor and Quantock Hills a short distance from the County town of Taunton, with its excellent rail and road links. Our website has a wealth of information about the school, our achievements, successes and staff – we encourage you to visit it.
We are looking to appoint an exceptional teacher who is able to inspire our children through their own passion for the arts (music and drama). Are you looking to be part of a group of schools working as one within the West Somerset Academies Trust and working for a Trust that is keen to support your development, in a vibrant and exciting environment where you will be encouraged to stretch yourself and try out new initiatives?
If so we would love to invite you to spend the day with us seeing some of the schools within the Trust and meeting the CEO, Paul Rushforth, the Head Teacher of Danesfield School, Adam Evans, and other key members of the Trust and school.
The successful applicant must have:-
- A passion for children’s learning and development;
- High aspirations for all children and a desire to raise standards;
- High aspirations for themselves and a commitment to further career development.
The West Somerset Academies Trust is a group of 4 First and 2 Middle School Academies (ages ranging from 4-13 years old) as well as 3 nurseries, which enable the Trust to offer unrivalled training experiences and opportunities to support career development and progression such as:-
- An innovative leadership programme, with a proven development pathway;
- An innovative pay and progression structure which recognises, and rewards, skills, dedication, enthusiasm and commitment.
- The opportunity to work with different age ranges and experience different Key Stages.
- Experienced specialist teachers can take advantage of the opportunities on offer for career progression.
- Newly qualified teachers can be assured that they will be mentored by knowledgeable professionals and experience a high level of support in their NQT year and beyond.
All applicants should be knowledgeable about implementing current good practice, and be able to demonstrate a creative approach to children’s learning.
More details about the position on offer and the application process can be found on our website http://www.wsat.org.uk/ or Email: email@example.com or Tel: 01643 704191 - ask for Judy Shore, HR, Admin and Payroll Manager. Closing Date: January 26th 2018
The West Somerset Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including an enhanced DBS Check and checks with past employers and agencies.