Position: Personal Assistant (PA) to the Headteacher
Woodside Primary Academy – Location London Borough of Waltham Forest
£31,998 - £36,372 a year – Permanent (Salary negotiable for a highly experienced candidate)
Contracted hours: 36 hours per week/52 weeks per year.
This is an exciting time to join Woodside Primary Academy. We are an outstanding school and continue to ensure we stay at the cutting edge of education and research.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Personal Assistant, to provide executive support to the Head Teacher. This role will require reporting directly to the Head Teacher and therefore a high level of confidentiality and exceptionally good organisation is essential.
This role is at the centre of the school organisation, liaising with the Heads of School, senior and middle leaders and other school department leads. You will be central in representing the Head teacher, the school and liaising with key services.
This role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships are essential.
Personal Assistant to the Head Teacher including dealing with highly confidential and sensitive issues
· Provide the Head teacher with highly effective support in managing and leading the school
· Contribute to effective marketing and organise and manage key events
· Demonstrate a commitment to excellent customer service
· Undertake administrative tasks for the Headship Team
· Undertake project work and related activities as directed by the Head teacher, working closely with the HR department, facilities manager and ensuring continuity of service
The successful applicant will have to:
· be an experienced Assistant who will provide a confidential, high quality support to the Head Teacher
· be an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing and educated to degree level; is highly proficient in digital marketing, using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook
· collaborate effectively with others, showing the ability to forge
· be able to be self-motivated, flexible and able to meet the demands of a busy school
· have an enhanced DBS certificate that is registered on the Update Service, or be willing to complete one
· be able to provide two references that cover the last two years of employment
What we will provide:
1. Supportive leadership team
3. Lap top/Ipad
4. Work phone
If this position is of interest to you, then please complete the application form. Please address completed applications to: Susan Guyatt (HR officer) and send to:
Woodside Primary Academy
or email to
Please contact the school office, on 020 8520 5168 to book yourself on to the open evening, for a tour of the school and a chance to ask any questions you may have.
Open evening: Wednesday 14th March 2018 at 5pm.
Venue: Forest site, Wood Street, Walthamstow, E17 3JX
Advert Closing Date: Thursday 22nd March 2018 @ 12 midday
Interviews to be held on: Tuesday 27th March 2018