PE and School Sports Network Physical Activity and Sport Intern
The PE and School Sports Network is an organisation that supports over 80 primary and secondary schools across Southwark and the neighbouring boroughs. Our team deliver a fantastic range of events that put the children and adults that we work with at the heart of everything that we do. We use our own bespoke programmes to plan and deliver various initiatives ensuring high quality and engaging content for our schools and their pupils.
We are now looking to further build our team with an enthusiastic, passionate and talented physical activity professionals. This is a fantastic opportunity to support the development of the physical literacy of children and encourage them to develop a real passion for, Physical Education, sport and an active lifestyle.
The role will involve:
• Delivering physical activity in the framework set out in the PESSN programme of study.
• Ensuring all physical activity sports sessions are delivered to the expectation of the role.
• Assessing attainment and pupil performance during physical activity.
• Promoting active lifestyles in and out of school.
• Keeping up to date with government initiatives relating to the delivery of Physical Education, physical activity and school sport.
• Building, maintaining and developing effective relationships with staff, pupils, Bacons College and key stakeholders in partner schools.
The ideal candidates for the role will have:
• Appropriate/relevant PE sports Coaching Qualifications.
• Enthusiasm and passion for sport and education.
• A passion for developing children through sport
• Fun and confident.
• Able to establish good relationships with adults and young people.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-motivated, resilient, enthusiastic.
• Ability to demonstrate commitment and reliability.
• Confident and able to command respect from pupils and others.
• Ability to work successfully both independently and as part of a team.
• Good judgement and knowing when to seek advice or support.
• Good organisation and time management skills.
• Ability to work outside normal working hours, if required.
• An understanding of current safeguarding legislation.
• Willingness to undergo an enhanced DBS Disclosure check.
• A right to work in the UK.
We can offer real job satisfaction and a fun, but hard-working, environment with a real opportunity for professional growth with continued development. This is a fixed-term role from May 1st until July 31st 2019.