Chessington School is currently recruiting for a Phase Leader/ Transition Lead to join our dynamic and successful school. We are looking for someone who is passionate about removing any barriers to learning in order to ensure excellent progress for all students.
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for the safeguarding, welfare and personal development of students in the year group (s)
- Have influence and impact on the learning of their students
- Improve and monitor behaviour, uniform, attendance and punctuality in the students
- Lead and inform interventions for achievement in the year group (s)
- Lead other members of staff to the same ends.
- Lead a team of tutors
Why work at Chessington:
- £30 million state of the art modern facilities in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
- Fantastic support from line managers and SLT who genuinely want to see you succeed and thrive
- A thriving and progressive Pastoral department with a good range of different backgrounds, roles and experience.
- Unparalleled CPD opportunities with cross Trust and national development programs and bespoke opportunities to support your development
- We recruit for attitude and train for skills with excellent opportunities for career progression in a successful and expanding Family of schools.
- To be part of an 11 - 16 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in many subject areas across the family of schools.
- Great support for NQT’s including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and ‘Outstanding’ teacher programmes available
- A school dedicated to well-being. Increased length of October Half Term, workload reducing feedback strategies and more.
- Free gym membership and many other staff benefits
- Independent, onsite childcare facility
Here’s what our teachers say
“I have been at this school for 9 years and I love it! It gets better and better each year without losing the supportive and caring environment” Middle Leader
“I am in my NQT year. The CPD, support and commitment I get has been overwhelming. I made the right choice” Newly Qualified Teacher
“This is the best school I have ever worked at” Deputy Headteacher
If you would like to discuss this role or our school in any further detail please call Amy Smith, Deputy Head on 0208 974 1156
The Governing Body are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young persons and the Headteacher must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS