At Chalgrove Community Primary School ensuring children are curious, inquisitive and engaged is our starting point. We love that we facilitate exciting opportunities for our children, we love the freedom we give to our teachers and children and we love the fact that we have a Forest School facility – all of this makes us who we are. Our school is creative, vibrant and a great place to teach. We encourage individuality and independence and we want our children to learn the skills to think for themselves and to take risks. We do this through metacognition – learning to learn, through P4C and we believe in the principal of growth mindset.
We are a thriving local school set in beautiful countryside in rural Oxfordshire. Chalgrove Community Primary School prides itself on being at the heart of our village.
Chalgrove is a community school, where pupils and families are put at the heart of the curriculum. As a class teacher, you have the flexibility to design the curriculum around your pupils needs and your creative strengths. Chalgrove is an honest and supportive place to work; staff enjoy sharing their experiences with each other and lean on each other when they need advice. In leadership roles you have a network of colleagues in our partnership of schools with whom you can meet, share and collaborate.'
Miss Hudson Year 2 class teacher and Deputy Headteacher
'Chalgrove Primary is an amazing team, who recognise and continuously work to meet the individual needs of all its pupils, within a fabulous and supportive community. It is exciting to share our creative curriculum with the children and we always search for new and even more exciting ideas. The creativity enables our children to be keen, confident, and questioning learners. As they begin to reflect they are able to further develop their individual learning and it's incredibly rewarding to be part of that journey. We are fortunate to have our own Forest School, where the children can fish, build dens, cook, run and climb and then translate their learning experiences through various genres in the classroom.'
Mrs Hawkins Teaching Assistant Yr5
Curious?….then come and join us.
Our successful candidate will be:
· Able to promote the vision, culture and ethos of the school
· Able to maintain the highest standards and able to inspire others to achieve the same
· Experienced at leading whole school initiatives and managing change
· An outstanding practitioner, leading by example
· Compassionate and caring
· Thoroughly committed to enabling all students to reach their full potential
· A creative and forward thinking individual who places high value on their own professional development in order to improve continuously as a practitioner
· Someone who is motivated, flexible and resilient
· Committed to achieving a work/life balance and maintaining their own interests outside of teaching
We will offer our successful candidate a school that:
· Is happy, vibrant and positive
· Enjoys positive relationships between staff and pupils
· Is creative and open to ideas and seeks opportunities for its pupils
· Is dedicated to offering the very best for its pupils with a focus on enrichment
· Offers the opportunity to work within a dedicated leadership team
· Supports and encourages professional development
· Gives the necessary leadership time to carry out the role effectively
· Offers bespoke induction processes for experienced teachers new to our school
We encourage visits to our school so please do come and see us. Just contact the school office to arrange as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org
The school and Acer Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults and/or their details, candidates will be required to undertake a Criminal Record Check.
For a full job description and person specification please email email@example.com or look at our website and download the application packs. Please also look at our teaching and learning booklet.
Completed application forms should be emailed or posted to the school to arrive no later than 12pm on Monday 19th March. Interview day Thursday 22nd March 2018.