PHE teacher / Head of Sport
We are looking for well-qualified candidates who are committed to high standards, interested in using innovative approaches to teaching and learning and enthusiastic about promoting international understanding.
The International School of Como is a lively, friendly and expanding school located in the Como area, 6km south of beautiful lake Como . Founded in September 2002, we serve both Italian nationals looking for an international education and international families living in the Como area. ISC currently has an enrollment of 300 students representing over 38 nationalities, with over 70 dedicated faculty and administration.
We are an IB World School, authorized for the Primary Years Programme, the Middle Years Programme and recently for the Diploma Programme that will be opened in September 2018. Projects for further expansion are underway, including new sport facilities.
Our mission is to empower all students to be active, reflective and responsible life-long learners who can achieve their full potential and contribute to an ever-changing world. The school ethos is based on the attributes of the IB Learner Profile and a constructivist approach to teaching and learning.
More information about the school can be found on our website at http://internationalschoolsgroup.it/school/como. The school is one of several very successful Italian schools belonging to Inspired, (www.inspirededu.co.uk), a worldwide network of premium schools offering global best practice and professional development.
Why work with us
· We are truly student centred, with student learning at the heart of everything we do;
· We are a collaborative learning community based on the values of the IB Learner Profile, where teachers are trusted, empowered and valued;
· We offer official IB professional development at the beginning of the employment and ongoing;
· We are a small school on a modern and well equipped campus;
· We offer the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the development of a new secondary school, to a successful and growing Sport department, in connection with the other schools in the group;
· We offer a competitive salary and cooked lunches provided free daily;
· We are located in a beautiful part of the world.
We are seeking to appoint a Head of Sport, to teach Physical Education mainly in our secondary school, joining our growing community being part of our PYP and MYP teams.
As Head of Sport, you will show a high level of initiative, creativity and organisational skills, as well as a commitment to extra curricula initiatives. Furthermore, there will be many opportunities to collaborate with other PE teachers at local schools in our group, so we are also looking for experience of building and expanding sports programmes, training teams for competitions and organising fixtures.
We are looking for the right balance between experience, enthusiasm and a passion for Sport and healthy lifestyle that will inspire our students.
The successful candidate will understand the importance of being part of a department team and the faculty team as a whole, demonstrating flexibility and an open-mind.
- EU passport or a valid visa that enables to work in Italy;
- Appropriate degree and teaching certification;
- Experience teaching the subject with students aged 11-18;
- Flexibility in adapting and making the most of limited space and resources;
- A desire to contribute and foster a positive IB learning community.
- Experience in an international or multicultural school;
· Experience teaching in Volleyball, Basketball and Football;
· Experience or qualifications in the International Award or the Duke of Edinburgh Award;
· IB experience is desirable but not essential.
Salaries and Benefits
- Nationally competitive salary and benefits.
- The initial contract will be for a period of two years, after which there may be the possibility of converting the contract into a permanent position of employment if all parties are in agreement.
- Tax free status for two years if moving from outside of Italy
- Moving and settling in allowance
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send a single PDF file containing the following to the Head of School, Mrs. Ferloni, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter of application;
- CV with photo;
- Contact details of three referees (one of which must be supervisor from most recent appointment), who you give your consent for us to approach before interview.
The person appointed will be expected to begin work in late August 2018, before which date a criminal records check will need to be completed as part of our child safeguarding policy.
Deadline: 2nd April, 2018
Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible as the position will be filled if an outstanding candidate is identified prior to this date.