IB Physical & Health Education (PHE) Teacher – EYFS to KS4
UK's First Progressive School for 4-16 years - Atelier 21 is a revolutionary approach to education which is fit for young people’s future rather than our past!
Atelier 21 is a dynamic and progressive school that has a dedicated community with high expectations – excellence in teaching, full involvement in the school’s development, and an involvement extracurricular activities is expected. Our project-based approach blends enquiry-based learning with high aims for academic achievement, self-directed studies, outdoor learning and Forest & Beach School, entrepreneurship and academic workshops to help young people develop the skills they need to compete and thrive in the 21st Century.
Candidates considering working at Atelier 21 should be prepared to meet the expectations of a growing school going through the MYP authorisation process.
Part Time IB PHE Teacher EYFS- KS4 (0.6 FTE - 3 days per week term time), from September 2022.
We are looking for a qualified teacher with experience teaching PHE to children 4-16 years to join our dedicated, new team at the UK's first project-based learning, progressive school for 4-16 years which opened in September 2020.
PHE at Atelier 21 provides children with a broad and varied range of PE programme including games, football, tennis, hockey, basketball, swimming and many more. Successful candidates will have in-depth subject knowledge and passion for providing an exceptional and enabling curriculum. The post holder will have sole responsibility for the PHE department in organising and coordinating:
• Competitions and game fixtures with other schools.
• Lead and coordinate after school/ extracurricular sports training.
• Negotiating specialist sports facilities.
• Organising in-house sports events such as Sports Day.
With you by their side, children and adults around you will learn from you about how to develop the BIG 6, Atelier 21’s key learning powers which include collaboration skills, original thought making skills, empathy and resilience.
You will be part of the team responsible for the overall progress of the learners; developing learning powers for life, enabling them to learn how to ask good questions and develop an enquiring mind, whilst also in gaining the knowledge demanded by the National Curriculum on which the content of our teaching is based. You will be responsible for delivering this in the unique Atelier 21 way.
You will share the responsibility of building, maintaining and developing each child’s individual progress profile for assessment in PHE with your teaching partners. You will enjoy sharing and assessing learning with your pupils and their parents, and will relish the chance to find lots of creative ways to include families in the unique life of Atelier 21.
You will be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people at the school, ensuring equal opportunities for all.
Although the role is currently part time, the post holder is expected to increase their hours to full-time by September 2024.
Personal specifications for this role:
- Teacher with QTS and a minimum of two years’ experience teaching PHE.
- A strong desire to be part of the movement to reform education in the UK, with clear ideas of how you could make the school experience more relevant and meaningful for children.
- Aligned values to Atelier 21, which considers children as valued members of society, and competent and capable researchers, full of potential to build learning for themselves
- Excellent communication skills with a growth mindset. Able to give and receive feedback constructively. A great collaborator and strong team player.
- A creatively thinking person with an abundance of ideas and a confident, can-do attitude!
- Highly resilient and comfortable with change, you relish the idea of being a key player in a pioneering, evolving ‘first of its kind’ school, where you can collaborate to create an exceptional experience for children.
- A natural ambassador of children’s rights.
- Full UK driving licence
- IBPYP, IBMYP experience or willing to undertake training upon starting
- Familiar or at least keen on working with a self-directed learning and project-based approach, which fosters independent thinking and collaboration skills between learners.
- Experience of, or strong interest in The Learning Power Approach (Guy Claxton’s work).
- Particular specialisms or extra skills are an advantage, but not necessary.
- A candidate with experience of teaching year 7 – 11 GCSE/iGCSE/IB PHE and also other secondary subjects.
- PCV driver license for hire or reward.
Application deadline: 14th February 2022
Pro-rata FTE salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum.
Atelier 21 School is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check.
Please read the job description attached for instructions on applying for this role. Please also ensure you use the application form attached. Good luck!
To learn more about Atelier 21 Future School please go to our website www.atelier21schools.co.uk