The successful candidate will be a sportsperson of proven ability, required to teach PE and Games lessons, preferably with experience and expertise in coaching Hockey and Netball. The Physical Education teacher will work closely with the director of Sport to assist with the running and implementation of the school’s sports programme and provision, and ensuring a cohesive and broad-minded approach to school sport. As a member of the department there will be opportunity for management and mentoring, as well as some teaching which includes BTEC at L2 and L3 as well as IGCSE PE. You will help to develop and deliver the overall strategy and objectives of the department, assisting with the creation and implementation of change processes. The successful applicant will guide and advise colleagues, particularly new members in the department, in developing the sporting skills and aptitudes of all staff; including training for coaching, umpiring and refereeing, while encouraging a variety of teaching approaches within the department to assist the professional development and appraisal of staff to create a motivated and empowered team.
TEACHING AND LEARNING RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure effective learning for all students through excellent teaching and delivery of well-planned and organised lessons across key stages.
• Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of students.
• Use appropriate strategies to ensure outstanding student progress and well-being.
• Set and mark challenging class and homework according to school policy.
• Support the development of teaching materials and courses of study.
• Participate in arrangements for preparing students for public examinations and in assessing students for the purpose of such examinations.
• Liaise with parents and support staff to ensure excellent attainment.
• Support extended intervention/enrichment activities to enhance students’ learning experience.
• Manage the behaviour of students in classrooms and around the school.
• Maintain an organised and well-presented learning environment for students.
• Contributing to the maintenance of a supportive and stimulating learning environment for all students.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
A commitment to and knowledge of effective strategies to maintain and raise attainment, in particular to address the differing needs which exist in the mixed ability classroom, which includes second language learners.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with a range of audiences.
Proven administrative and organisational skills
Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure and re-prioritise workload when needed
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
A commitment to multi-cultural education, the schools vision and ethos, equal opportunities policy and practice.
Ability to promote and develop positive relationships within and beyond the school.
A commitment to, and understanding of the wider aspects of student development including tutoring and PSHCE.
A willingness to initiate and participate in both cross curricular and extracurricular activities.
The ability to establish effective and appropriate relationships with students. The ability to be a successful team member
The ability to relate well to parents, external agencies and the wider community.
Flexible, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
A reflective practitioner who responds to change positively.
Understanding of the importance of professionalism and confidentiality.
A commitment to being a role model for staff and students in relation to overall conduct to include the following: dress code, attendance and timekeeping.
Has the potential for further promotion and a commitment to career development.
Send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 17th February 2020.
application letter detailing relevant experience and teaching philosophy detailed Curriculum Vitae including names and contacts of three referees.
copies of academic and professional certificates, including teaching licence.
copy of passport bio-data page.
copy of passport photo.
latest copy of police clearance, DBS or equivalent
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.
For more details about the position,kindly visit our website using the below link.